Strong. Stable. Local. Personal.
Building Services Manager (#14007)
Corporate Office – South Bend, IN
1st Source Bank is the largest locally controlled financial institution headquartered in the northern Indiana, southwestern Michigan area. 1st Source has approximately $4.5 billion in assets and operates more than 75 banking centers in 17 counties, seven Trust and Wealth Management locations and eight 1st Source Insurance offices as well as over twenty 1st Source Bank Specialty Finance Group locations nationwide. We deliver a comprehensive range of banking services along with highly personalized attention to our clients, both individuals and businesses. Our mission is to help our clients achieve security, build wealth and realize their dreams.
Come work for an organization that consistently receives awards as the Favorite Bank in the area – whether it’s in Indiana or Southwestern Michigan; Five-Star ratings from Bauer Financial, the best rating possible for our strong financial foundation; over 20 years of consecutive dividend growth for our shareholders; and routinely lists in the Top 150 Performers of banks nationwide by Bank Director Magazine based on profitability, asset quality and capital adequacy. 1st Source has also been recognized for our strong workplace environment that values its employees and our positive work culture that includes respect, communication, opportunity and being part of a team.
We base employment on an individual's experience, skills, talents and perspectives. We value our colleagues and treat each with honesty, dignity and respect. We are committed to creating a diverse and talented team whose strengths improve our ability to serve our customers.
Responsible for managing and maintaining contracted services, agreements and workmanship to the quality and level of expertise expected for 1st Source Bank, considering the most cost effective, energy efficient measures.
- Supervises the Building Services area by coordinating requests for service work orders, manages work load for assigned staff based on work orders and assists staff on daily requested items with direction/guidance to address internal customers’ issues.
- Oversees contractual obligations for vendors and verifies that work is being completed according to the contractual agreement.
- Develops, reviews and recommends overall operations systems and procedures as they relate to Building Services.
- Develops specifications within the contracts for bidding purposes and investigates ways to create a more efficient process within the service contracts to perform the work more efficiently with cost savings (if applicable).
- Negotiates and manages all contracts for building services (e.g., housekeeping, landscaping, janitorial, etc).
- Monitors all completed “Request for Service” requests to maintain adherence to committed turn-around times by conducting cold calls, surveys, branch visits, etc.
- Responsible for the supervision of assigned staff and exercises the usual authority of a manager concerning staffing, performance appraisals, promotions, salary recommendations, and terminations.
- Responsible for the completion of all compliance training related to the position.
- Must understand all applicable laws and regulations that apply to the position and comply with the requirements.
- Researches new developments for services rendered to see if they can be adjusted to meet the current criteria.
- Three (3) to five (5) years of related experience preferred
- Bachelors Degree preferred
- Good PC skills--proficiency in Microsoft Word and Excel essential
- Analytical and problem solving skills with attention to detail
- Ability to be proactive, take initiative, and carefully monitor, follow through, and complete every project/responsibility
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize in a fast paced environment
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Good organizational skills
Corporate Office – South Bend, IN
Relevant Years of Experience: