MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS :|
Two years of full-time work experience in building or construction project management
Bachelor’s Degree in Construction Management, Architecture, Engineering, Planning or directly related field Must possess a current valid driver's license as this position involves driving, including County vehicles, to various building sites and locations. The finalist for a position vacancy will be required to pass a drug test, physical exam and a criminal history investigation, to include fingerprint-based background check, all at County expense. RESPONSIBILITIES : The Building Services Project Manager has specialized expertise in performing complex professional and administrative work in new construction, remodeling, and general facility improvements to all County buildings. Work is performed under general supervision by the Building Services Manager and is reviewed through discussion, reports, monitoring of work and projects in progress. DESIRABLE EXPERIENCE :
Experience in a project management position in a commercial facilities or construction management setting
Experience in all phases of construction project management
Experience managing multiple complex facility projects at the same time
Completion of a directly related internship
Experience using AutoCAD and integrated workplace management systems
Experience interpreting local, state and uniform building codes SELECTION TECHNIQUE : Your training and experience will be rated based on the required application material submitted and the top scoring candidates will be forwarded to the hiring department for further consideration.
HOURS / DAYS : 8:00 a.m.-4:30 p.m., Monday-Friday. Work schedules (hours and days) and location are subject to change based on department needs. ANTICIPATED HIRING RANGE : $47,195-$55,890/annually
The Building Services Project Manager has specialized expertise in performing complex professional and administrative work in new construction, remodeling, and general facility improvements to all County buildings. Work is performed under general supervision by the Building Services Manager and is reviewed through discussion, reports, monitoring of work and projects in progress.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
Education and Experience: Two years of full-time work experience in building or construction project management OR a Bachelors Degree in Construction Management, Architecture, Engineering, Planning or directly related field.
Must possess a current a valid driver's license as this position involves driving, including County vehicles, to various building sites and locations.
A finalist for a position vacancy will be required to pass a drug test, physical exam and a criminal history investigation, to include fingerprint-based background check, all at County expense.
Knowledge of: Thorough knowledge of the State Building Codes; extensive knowledge of building materials and methods of construction; knowledge of the principles and practices of building maintenance; extensive knowledge of current methods, practices and techniques of building design; knowledge of state and federal policy and guidelines for historic preservation.
Ability to: Prepare plans, designs, and computations; quickly recognize errors and deficiencies during construction and quickly correct problems and omissions; inspect construction and remodeling with the enforcement of adherence to plans and specifications, local, and state code; lead and evaluate the work of others; understand and interpret plans, blueprints and specifications; enforce ordinance and regulations firmly, tactfully and impartially; establish and maintain effective working relationships with subordinates, fellow employees, public officials, architects, contractors, and the general public; develop and administer programs for full utilization of County facilities in a safe and efficient manner; and report to work in a regular and timely fashion.
Skill in: Planning the operations and maintenance of building systems; communicating effectively in oral and written form; and utilizing current automation, hardware and software for construction management programs.
EXAMPLES OF WORK:
1. Through consultant services, plans, coordinates and manages major facility construction projects including new building construction and remodeling of existing structures; manages construction contracts.
2. Prepares cost estimates, design and layout for minor projects; writes requests for proposals, negotiates contract fees, recommends selection of contractors; directs projects.
3. Performs code and contract compliance inspection for projects involving Countywide facilities construction, renovation and remodeling, including structural and non-structural plan review and field inspection of construc-tion and remodeling work.
4. Collaborates with County departments and Building Services Manager regarding coordination of remodeling and new construction; evaluates needs and prepares feasibility studies; develops communication strategies to notify and inform public/employees about construction progress and major impacts.
5. Provides technical assistance in facilities construction and remodeling to other departments in providing cost estimates, direction and coordination of projects.
6. Provides construction expertise and assists the Building Services Manager in development of capital programs and budgets for facility improvements.
7. As directed, manages specialized engineering and technical projects utilizing staff and/or outside contracts. Develops design criteria, sketches and schematic drawings, specifications, and details necessary to accomplish the required tasks; coordinates design work with Building Services Manager as appropriate, and is fully responsible for all aspects of that project.
8. Coordinates and manages special construction/restoration projects for the Historic Courthouse to ensure compatibility and authenticity to the historic building.
9. Coordinates efforts for departmental compliance with AWAIR, OSHA and ADA requirements. Recommends department policies and procedures for safety and coordinates staff training needs.
10. Serves as department liaison to the County's Safety Committee.
11. Performs other duties as assigned.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: 1,2,3,4, 5 and 7 as stated above
WORK ENVIRONMENT: Work is sedentary in nature and performed primarily within the Government Center but will include travel and driving to other sites. Lifting requirement of 10-20 pounds on an occasional basis. Equipment used may include, but is not limited to, personal computer, calculator, telephone, copier and fax machine. Additional physical/mental requirements that occur may not be listed above, but are inherent in performing the position's essential functions.
TITLE OF IMMEDIATE SUPERVISOR – Building Services Manager
This description is intended to describe the kinds of tasks and levels of work difficulty being performed by people assigned to this classification. The list of responsibilities is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified.