The Building Supervisor should be at least eighteen years of age and available to work Monday, Wednesday and Friday from 5:00-10:00pm. The ideal candidate will have experience working with children, teens and adults. He/she must possess the ability to prioritize and multi-task by monitoring gymnasium activities and patrol the rest of the facility. The ability to establish and maintain harmonious relationships with staff, members and program participants is essential for job success.
1. Provide direct supervision and active oversight during Open Gym, Family Gym and evening Adult Sports.
2. Maintain standards of conduct in accordance with the gymnasium rules and overall Y Code of Conduct.
3. Distribute, monitor and account for all gymnasium sports equipment.
4. Foster a comfortable, inclusive, non-threatening program environment for all participants in the gymnasium.
5. Actively resolve conflicts or disputes as necessary.
6. Monitor all common areas of the building and grounds by walking the building several times per shift.
7. Complete Building Supervisor checklist and place in Teen Outreach Directors mailbox nightly.
8. Coordinate building closing with Fitness, Aquatics and Member Services staff.
9. Project a positive and enthusiastic image on the job by wearing YMCA-labeled gear and nametag.
10. Cultivate strong working relationships with YMCA members, staff and program participants.
11. Attend all required staff meetings and trainings.
12. Assist in training other staff/volunteers as needed.
Effect on End Results
1. High quality member and participant experiences during Open/Family Gym and evening Adult Sports.
2. Positive interaction and communication with participants, members, parents, staff and teens.
3. High level of customer service, resulting in member/participant satisfaction, retention, and program growth.