Provide day-to-day technical leadership in matters relating to building systems maintenance and duties required to maintain our properties to the highest standard. Ensure proper building systems functions through on-going inspection and maintenance. Responsible for 800,000 or more square feet of commercial office facilities.
Hiring Specifications Required:
4 to 6 years of related experience:
- High School Diploma or GED
- Experience and knowledge of building operation systems and maintenance including electrical, plumbing, HVAC and life/safety equipment.
- Demonstrated ability to work in team environment with open communication to leaders, co-workers, staff members and customers.
- Experience taking initiative to resolve issues independently and to completion.
- Working knowledge of Windows and Microsoft Office software
- Lift or carry heavy objects weighing up to 75 pounds
- Work at heights up to 30 feet
Hiring Specifications Preferred:
- Associate's Degree in Building Trade related education including electrical, plumbing, sheet metal, carpentry, general construction, HVAC, plumbing, fire system, electrical systems, and/or sheet metal
- Plumbing Certifications, OSHA (10 hour)
1. Provide day-to-day technical leadership to building systems maintenance team members.
2. Plan in advance, develop procedures and coordinate all projects, vendors, tasks and reoccurring duties necessary to efficiently maintain facilities.
3. Coordinate and perform preventative, corrective and emergency system maintenance work and answer customer concerns in the areas including, but not limited to, electrical, plumbing, HVAC, and life/safety equipment.
4. Coordinate and manage necessary product inventories for electrical, plumbing and HVAC supplies.
5. Accurately record work orders for tasks performed, material used and additional action needed.
6. Build and maintain professional relationships with necessary vendors and contractors. Review work and obtain bids, as needed; coordinate small projects and ensure proper follow up.
7. Request purchase orders for any purchase following standard company policy.
8. Maintain awareness and assist in the implementation of annual budget programs for repair and maintenance, capital projects, contracts and supplies.
9. Provide 24/7 on call rotation of primary responsibility with other building maintenance staff members; serve as a back-up to team members as necessary.
10. Other duties as assigned.
Wellmark - 30+ days ago
Wellmark strongly believes that as the largest health-insurer in Iowa, we have a corporate responsibility to help improve the health status...