WAGE/HR STATUS: Nonexempt - 12 Month Position
REPORTS TO: Deputy Executive Director for Business
COMPONENT: Business Administration
Maintain the ESC buildings, grounds and fleet vehicles for safety, appearance and operating efficiency.
Minimum Education /Certification:
High School graduate or equivalent
Valid Texas Driver's License
General maintenance skills in building, grounds and vehicles
Ability to follow written and verbal instructions
Experience in related fields or one year equivalent training
MAJOR RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
1. Maintain a clean, orderly and safe environment in both the ESC office and warehouse facilities.
2. Maintain a clean and safe fleet of ESC owned vehicles.
3. Clean and set up meeting rooms according to written instructions on Meeting Room Planning Form.
4. Properly complete ESC employee maintenance and assistance requests as approved by the supervisor.
5. Assist in inventory asset management control of ESC owned property in accordance with business procedures manual.
6. Pickup and dispose of office paper and trash.
7. Perform general gardening and grounds keeping work by mowing, weeding, watering lawn, sweeping sidewalk, etc.
8. Receive, stock and store items in warehouse according to established procedures.
9. Assume responsibility for locking, checking, and safeguarding ESC facilities each day.
10. Move furniture and equipment in the ESC in accordance with maintenance procedures.
11. Drive delivery van routes in absence of route driver.
12. Observe all safety rules and regulations at all times.
13. Attend Hazard Communication Act (Haz-Com) training as required.
14. Maintain records in support of ESC's maintenance program.
15. Keep informed of and comply with ESC policies and procedures.
Vacuum cleaner, building maintenance tools, floor buffer, carpet shampooer, pallet jack, weed eater, lawn mower, tractor
Ability to read
Ability to follow verbal and written instructions
Ability to work with minimal direct supervision
Heavy lifting and carrying
Frequent walking, climbing, stooping, bending, kneeling and reaching
Ability to work with frequent interruptions
Exposure to dust, floor stripping and waxing agents and general chemical cleaning agents
Ability to operate motor vechicle
Works on slippery walking surfaces
Moving furniture and equipment as needed
Region III Education Service Center - 9 months ago