- Drives gasoline or diesel-powered tractor-trailer combination, usually long distances, to transport and off-load compressed gases to customers in a timely, accurate, and courteous manner.
- Follows all zone, local, and corporate policies and procedures, including Driver's Handbook,
- Department of Transportation (DOT), state and local regulations, safety policies, etc.
- Exercises care with hand-held equipment and ensures accuracy of data.
- Completes and submit reports as required by the DOT and/or company policy.
- Professional appearance to include Air Liquide uniform and good personal hygiene.
- Adheres to work schedule.
- Drives safely and efficiently in hazardous road conditions and utilizes his/her common sense and experience to assess the safety of road conditions; discontinues a trip when weather or road conditions warrant.
- Attends all safety training classes and periodic safety meetings as required.
- Complies with all safety policies and DOT regulations.
- Uses company required PPE (Personal Protective Equipment).
- Inspects truck for defects before and after trips, identifies any maintenance action that may be required on transporting vehicle, and acts appropriately if action is needed.
- Reports all accidents, possible injuries, and driving citations immediately to his/her supervisor.
- Assesses the condition of the customer's delivery environment and makes a decision not to off-load product if conditions are unfavorable.
- Applies knowledge of commercial driving regulations and skill in maneuvering vehicle in difficult situations such as narrow passageways.
- Strives to meet customer expectations without exception by achieving positive customer satisfaction survey results consistent with strategic objectives.
- Reports any customer complaints including run-outs.
- Ensures all customer delivery tickets are accurate, signed, and provided to the customer.
- Works cooperatively with supervisor and distribution staff to ensure prompt and accurate delivery.
- Improves operations regarding distribution efficiency, teamwork with the distribution team, accuracy of paperwork, and customer support at the customer site on a continuing basis.
- High School diploma or GED.
- Minimum of 3+ years experience driving tractor-trailer heavy-wheel vehicles.
- Possesses all applicable HAZMAT (Hazardous Materials) endorsements.
- Possesses a valid Class A Commercial Driver's License.
- DMV record cannot exceed three moving violations and/or preventable accidents in the last three years.
- Possesses working knowledge of truck mechanics.
- Working knowledge of current DOT regulations.
- Successful completion AND passing of DOT written regulations and road tests.
- Product knowledge of cryogenic, compressed and specialty gases preferred.
- Requires walking, sitting, lifting, pushing, pulling, climbing to a significant degree, and exertion of up to 50 pounds of force.
Air Liquide - 10 months ago
Break out the bicarb, because things are really gassy over at American Air Liquide. The company supplies industrial gases (oxygen, nitrogen,...