Burn Table Operator
Description: Burn plates and parts in a safe and efficient manner, utilizing both burn table equipment and burn table work instructions.
· Proactively set up to prevent production down time.
· Operate any and all burn tables
· Check orientation of parts
· Burns plate programs on plasma table to customer specifications.
· Burn miscellaneous jobs out of various materials
· Cut scrap with O2/fuel hand torch
· Clean and de-burr plate as needed
· Perform preventative maintenance and resolve error issues on plasma cutting table.
· Records job and section worked on in time matrix.
· Actively supports all EHS and continuous improvement initiatives.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities: Ability to efficiently and independently use the plasma burn table, O2/Fuel hand torch, hand grinder, hand scraper, sledge hammer, pneumatic hammer, tape measure and caliper to perform tasks associated with position. Able to locate and reference all work instructions pertaining to current job or project. Understanding of department KPIs, metrics and measurables. Sense of urgency and accountability. Vision certified Jaeger #2 and pass VT written test.
Broadwind Energy, Inc. - 8 months ago