This position is responsible for the overall operation of the Head Start transportation program ensuring the safe and efficient transport of children and parents between program activities and home. This is a “safety-sensitive” position.
- Obeys all applicable laws and regulations to ensure the safety of passengers.
- Follows the safest and most efficient routes given.
- Drives for regular class days, organized field trips and occasional evening meetings.
- Requires driving in all weather conditions including rain, snow, ice, wind and heat.
- Establishes a relationship of trust and rapport with the parents and the children.
- Ensures that parents and children follow the program rules when riding the vehicles.
- Shares information on a daily basis with classroom staff and parents.
- Reports any information or concerns about families.
- Ensures the bus is empty at the end of each run and that all children are accounted for.
- Coordinates with staff when a parent is not home or there are problems with transportation.
- Knows the routes, location of stops and which children should board or exit at each.
- Familiar with Department of Transportation regulations and Commercial Driver’s License rules.
- Monitors and maintains all vehicle fluid levels.
- Keeps the vehicle clean at all times.
- Reports any damage or malfunction immediately.
- Performs emergency bus drills.
- Attends all workshops and meetings as deemed necessary.
- Successfully completes and maintains basic First Aid and CPR certification.
- Responsible for gas and oil receipts and submitting totals to the supervisor.
We are an equal opportunity employer, committed to creating a diverse and healthy work place.
- High school diploma or GED
- Current in-state Commercial Drivers License and MUST have a School Bus and/or Passenger endorsement.
- Must have a good driving record.
- Must be willing to obtain and maintain Basic First Aid and CPR certification.
- Must be able to pass a criminal records check and drug screen.
- Must be able to assist in changing tires and other minor repairs as necessary.
- Must be able to lift a child weighing up to 45 pounds.
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to maintain accurate records.
- Ability to work well with staff, children and parents.
- Ability to periodically work flexible hours to include some evenings and weekends.
- Must have the physical, emotional and mental ability to drive a vehicle full of children in a safe and pleasant manner.
Acelero Learning - 18 months ago
The mission of Acelero Learning is to bring a relentless focus on positive child and family outcomes to close the achievement gap and build...