MTA Bus Company is looking for experienced automotive/aviation mechanics.
Salary: Varies by depot:
Baisley Park, College Point, Eastchester, LaGuardia and Yonkers – current minimum salary is $22.31 per hour for a 40-hour work week increasing $31.8725 per hour after 36 months.
Far Rockaway, JFK and Spring Creek – $20.0515 per hour for a 40-hour work week increasing to $28.6450 after 36 months at the Far Rockaway and JFK depots and after 48 months at the Spring Creek depot.
PLUS paid training, promotional opportunities, comprehensive benefits plan, and a FREE MTA Bus transportation pass.
Bus Maintainers maintain, and repair all vehicles. This includes:
- Vehicle body, structure, interior panels, trim, seating and glazing;
- Axles, suspension, steering and braking components and systems;
- Driveline or propulsion system components, prime movers and auxiliary drive units;
- HVAC, lighting and electrical systems; microprocessor controllers, programmable logic controllers (PLCs) and multiplex electronic systems; and
- Vehicle energy storage systems and devices.
Requirements: Three years of experience as a journey-level mechanic repairing passenger automobiles, trucks, buses or aircraft. This experience MUST include work on engines and electrical systems, and at least one other automotive or aircraft system such as brake, transmission or HVAC.
This must be preceded by:
1. Two years of experience as a mechanic’s helper, apprentice or trainee performing or assisting in the work described above; or
2. Graduation from a recognized trade school or technical school; vocational high school or Associate's degree with a major course of study in automotive mechanics or a closely related field.
At the time of appointment, you must possess either:
1. A Class B Commercial Driver License valid in the State of New York with a passenger endorsement and no restrictions; or
2. A Motor Vehicle Driver License valid in the State of New York and a Learner Permit for a Class B Commercial Driver License valid in the State of New York with a passenger endorsement and no restrictions.
To apply, send a detailed resume and cover letter.
MTA Bus Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer.