Veolia Transportation is the largest private sector operator of multiple modes of passenger transit in North America, providing bus, rail, paratransit, shuttle, sedan and taxi services. We manage over 200 transportation contracts for cities, transit authorities and airports, providing safe and sustainable mobility solutions. Our mission is to improve public transportation, to enhance quality of life and combat global warming.
Operates a transit bus and transports passengers safely in accordance with Company policy and local, county, state, and federal laws.
- Performs pre-trip and post-trip inspections of assigned vehicle; sets correct destination and route signs
- Operates various types of vehicles, as assigned, safely, in all types of weather and traffic conditions, according to printed passenger schedules and Operators schedules
- Arrives and signs in on time; works hours as scheduled; wears clean, neat uniforms
- Picks up and discharges passengers at designated bus stops safely; regulates heating and ventilating equipment on the bus for the comfort of passengers
- Follows fare collection procedures; guards against transfer abuse; hands in fare box at end of shift.
- Reports all accidents, incidents, or unusual occurrences to dispatch office immediately; submits written reports on accidents, incidents or unusual occurrences as required
- Accurately completes all reports
- Follows rules and regulations of the Company
- Adheres to all regulations related to the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA); correctly operates wheelchair lift with proper safety restraints as requested by the customer
- Provides transit information to passengers as needed
- Other duties as required.
Education, Licensing, and Certifications Required:
Education, Licensing, and Certifications Preferred:
- Must be 21 years or older
- Must have a good driving record
- Must possess or be able to obtain a valid Class B or higher Commercial Driver’s License with Passenger endorsement and Air brake endorsement
- High school diploma or equivalent, such as GED, preferred.
Skills and Knowledge Required:
- Previous bus or other heavy duty vehicle driving experience preferred
Pre-Employment Requirements :
- Good motor skills, good hearing, accurate color perception
- Ability to apply proper driving procedures
- Ability to learn transit routes and schedules and adapt to changes; ability to read a map
- Ability to read, understand, and interpret transit system operating rules, regulations, policies, and routes
- Ability to assist handicapped passengers when needed
- Basic math and writing skills
- Clear speech
- Travel requirement (as a percent): 100% of time is spent in the field
- Must submit to drug testing and a criminal background check
- Must be able to maintain a DOT medical card
For more information please visit our website at www.veoliatransportation.com/careers
- Must be able to work shifts or flexible work schedules as needed.
- Primarily seated in vehicle; stress caused by passengers and traffic
- Must be able to work in all types of weather
Veolia Transportation is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer and welcomes all qualified applicants. Applicants will receive fair and impartial consideration without regard to race, sex, color, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, genetic data, or religion or other legally protected status.
Drug free workplace
Applicants must be eligible to work in US without restrictions for any employer at any time; be able to pass a drug screen and background check, including motor vehicle check to DOT standards
Transdev - 7 months ago
Transdev is a leading public transport company, delivering high quality transport services around the world.
Our teams use our wealth of...