Description of Position:
The Senior Business Systems Analyst (Senior BSA) works independently on the development and management of business and functional requirements that define solutions for business problems and opportunities that fit within the strategic vision and project objectives in a date driven business and application development environment for one or more highly complex projects or on one or more cross-functional projects.
The Senior BSA will work with the business partners across multiple business functions to align technology solutions securely with business strategies through the inclusion of information security principles, standards and practices.
In this position, the Senior BSA will participate in the development of project initiation activities, project scope definition and documenting business and functional requirements for mission critical implementations. The Senior BSA will also be involved in business process modeling as well as in the development of fully dressed use cases.
Knowledge and Experience :
The Senior BSA should have 5 to 8+ years of experience and demonstrated expertise in business analysis and in creating business analysis work products (e.g., business requirements, functional requirements, use cases, business process models, requirement traceability matrices, GUI visualizations). The Senior BSA must be familiar with different analytic and modeling techniques, tools, industry standards and best practices. The Senior BSA should be a subject matter expert in business analysis. The Senior BSA should be familiar with the systems development lifecycle. Strong analytic, problem solving, communication, presentation and negotiation skills are necessary. The Senior BSA must be familiar the business and technology goals and objectives of a project, understand business processes and have the ability to elicit and recognize business problems to be solved or opportunities to be capitalized on.
Desired Additional Experience and Skills
- Eliciting, analyzing and communicating complex business needs and opportunities
- Identify solutions to business problems
- Creating and managing detailed, clear written business and functional requirements for one or more highly complex projects or on one or more cross-functional projects
- Gaining project stakeholder acceptance of documented requirements and proposed solution
- Working independently with some guidance from a Lead Business Systems Analyst or Project Leader and adhering to established standards and procedures
- Creating and maintaining a requirements traceability matrix
- Managing the requirements change control process
- Participating in peer and team reviews of requirements documentation to ensure quality
- Participating in reviews of developer, architect and quality assurance deliverables to ensure alignment with documented requirements
- Creating iRise visualizations
- Capturing, writing and communicating accurate meeting minutes
- Identifying, addressing, negotiating, recording, reporting, managing and escalating action items, risks and issues associated to the project
- Interacts with a wide variety of staff including business users, applications developers, architects and I.S. management.
- Provide feedback to less experienced business analysts on their work products.
- Business analysis
- Business process modeling
- UPS Certified Business Analyst (note: for internal UPS candidates only)
- HP Quality Center
Employer will not sponsor visas for position.
- Must be a U.S. Citizen or National of the U.S., an alien lawfully admitted for permanent residence, or an alien authorized to work in the U.S. for this employer.
- Must be in the same geographical location as the job or willing to relocate yourself there.
- Must have advanced expereince using Microsoft Office Suite.
- Preferred to have a Bachelor’s degree in Business, Management Information Systems, Computer Science, Engineering.
- Preferred to be a Certified Business Analyst Professional (CBAP)
UPS is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
UPS - 13 months ago
As a global leader in package delivery and supply chain solutions, UPS is passionate about innovating new ways to make business work better,...