WAGE/HR STATUS: Nonexempt
REPORTS TO: Business Office Supervisor
COMPONENT: Business Administration
Assist in providing accurate and timely payroll and financial information and services to Bookkeeping Services participating districts. Assist Service Center business office in general business, personnel and administrative activities. Capture and process electronic fingerprint enrollments.
Minimum Education Certification:
High school graduate or equivalent
Knowledge of basic accounting principles
Proficiency in use of office equipment
Accurately perform mathematical calculations
Effective communication and interpersonal skills
US Citizen, without dual Citizenship
MAJOR RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
1. Match invoices with purchase orders and ensure accuracy and completeness of invoices.
2.Maintain participating districts employee master file.
3. Enter accounts payables, accounts receivables, and payroll data into computer system.
4. Detect and resolve problems with incorrect finance and payroll information.
5. Process for payment accounts payables and payroll at designated times.
6.Prepare bank reconciliation on bank accounts.
7. Prepare and timely submit all required reports.
8. Maintain and reconcile subsidiary ledgers.
9. Reconcile and prepare W2's and 1099's.
10. Maintain files, records, journals, reports and correspondence in organized filing system.
11. Keep records up to date.
12. Assist in maintaining fixed asset inventory.
13. Capture and process electronic fingerprint enrollments.
14. Maintain confidentiality of information.
15. Keep informed of and comply with federal and state regulations, district and ESC policies and procedures.
Computer, calculator, copier, typewriter, printer, shredder, electronic fingerprint equipment, camera
Ability to read
Ability to communicate effectively (verbal and written)
Ability to perform general accounting functions
Ability to operate office equipment
Ability to operate fingerprint equipment and camera
Ability to work with minimal direct supervision
Repetitive hand motions
Prolonged use of computer and other office equipment
Work with frequent interruptions
Observance of scheduled times lines
Maintain emotional control under stress
Some walking, standing, bending and/or reaching