LOCATION: KARNES CITY, TEXAS
# of Openings: 1
Total Safety, the leading global outsourced provider of integrated safety and compliance solutions and products, is looking for an experienced Business Administrator, who will be in summary, charged with managing office personnel and administrative functions for the assigned District. This individual will coordinate the accounting functions for the District Office and In-Plant Service Centers within the District and serve as liaison between the Corpus Christi District Office and Corporate Accounting, Human Resources, IT, Operations, Administration and Sales.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Manage administrative personnel and functions including, billing, customer service and administrative staff in assigned regional offices. Manage assigned team including hiring and firing, performance appraisals, coaching and counseling team. Provide input for salary and job change actions. Coach and counsel team to improve technical skills and interpersonal and problem resolution skills. Work to identify and provide opportunities to cross-train and learn new skills and techniques.
- Manage and perform a variety of accounting and billing services which may include accounts receivable and collections. Ensure accurate and timely production of customer invoices. Review customer credits as necessary for approval by appropriate business managers.
- Complete complex records and reports using accounting system and personal computer. Verify accuracy of records, reports and supporting documentation prepared by others. Ensure that documents being processed are included in the appropriate accounting period.
- Assist Regional Manager and Regional Controller with gross margin analysis, fixed asset activity, and operational financial statement analysis. Assist, supports and work with the Regional Manager in monthly forecasting and reviewing monthly results.
- Interface with operations and sales departments to resolve issues regarding billing discrepancies. Perform basic research and gather supporting documentation to assist in resolving customer billing disputes. Ensure accurate and timely communication to involved parties. Assist others in department as necessary. Assist in preparation for internal and external audits, as needed.
- High School education or G.E.D plus additional coursework, Associates degree or training in a related field preferred.
- Minimum of two years supervisory or managerial experience, with experience invoicing clients. Directly related experience with thorough understanding of accounting, invoicing, customer service, and human resources practices, processes and systems.
- Good financial aptitude with grasp of business concepts and ability to perform accounts receivable and collections. Ability to identify problems and present well thought out, workable solutions.
- Advanced PC Skills including proficiency in MS Word, Excel and Outlook and with specialized function-related AS400 applications such as RentalMan, a decided plus.
- Ability to develop spreadsheets and modify formats in order to complete assignments and ability to recommend improvements.
- Ability to maintain data integrity and to extract data, perform calculations and prepare reports in an accurate and timely manner.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality with sensitive data.
- Effective communication skills (verbal, written, listening and presentation) with good vocabulary, good grammar and the ability to independently compose written communications. Good telephone etiquette.
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate and build rapport with all levels of personnel, as well as external customers, suppliers and organizations.
- Ability to handle diverse tasks simultaneously, work effectively with interruptions and meet deadlines under intermittent supervision.
- Must demonstrate ability to work in a team environment and demonstrate high levels of integrity and ethics.
- Attention to detail and integrity of data is critical and potential errors may be significant if management makes decisions on erroneous reports.
- Spends most of time in an office environment. Frequent visits to district offices requiring some out-of-town and over-night travel.
• Salary is commensurate with experience
•Medical, Prescription Drug, Dental and Vision insurance coverage on a cost-sharing basis
•Basic group term life, accidental death & dismemberment, and short and long-term disability insurance
•Voluntary program of additional group term life insurance (and AD&D) is also available
•401(k) Retirement Plan with matching
•Generous vacation plan, holiday schedule and sick-time benefit plan
How to Apply:
Apply online at Total Safety U.S., Inc. career center. ( www.totalsafety.com ) Search for this job by location, complete online application and attach your resume, cover letter, and any other pertinent documents.
UNSOLICITED RESUMES WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED
Total Safety U.S., Inc. - 19 months ago