The Business Analyst's role is to gather, analyze, specify, and validate the business needs. This includes interviewing users and gathering and compiling user requirements to convey to development teams throughout the software development lifecycle, testing, and training. The Business Analyst will also create the functional and/or technical requirements, along with user interface requirements, as needed to support the business requirements. The Business Analyst will apply proven communication, analytical, technical, and problem-solving skills to help support the development process, and to ensure that project deliverables are met according to specifications.
ESSENTIAL Job Duties & Responsibilities
- Interview users and review existing documentation to elicit business requirements.
- Create software development lifecycle artifacts to document business requirements, functional specifications, and deliverables.
- Hands-on modeling to represent business activities in diagrams or other hands-on experience with documenting a system or a feature, as demonstrated by the use of BPMN or UML, or any other notation to represent a business need.
- Monitor support tickets related to the enterprise transaction system, and identify issues that are process or training related.
- Design and/or improve process workflows to enhance business processes.
- Design and develop materials and system structure, forms, and media that enhance insurance and document processes.
- Adhere to policies and procedures for the Information Technology Department.
- Validate and document system needs to accomplish business objectives.
- Document disaster recovery plans.
- Provide end-user assistance regarding systems and related software.
- Ensure users and customers are provided professional, courteous, and timely response and communications.
- Collaborate with developers and subject matter experts to establish the vision and analyze tradeoffs between functional and performance needs.
- Recommend additions or enhancements to the company's hardware and software environment to provide the highest cost/benefit efficiency.
- Oversee the in-house information system and ensure proper communication related to changes and developments.
- Establish and maintain a library of technical documents and publications that support the insurance and document management systems.
- Accomplish organization goals by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
essential Worker Competencies
- Demonstrated ability in defining the problem-space identified by the user and impact analysis, as demonstrated by contributions to a project that lead to timely and efficient solutions.
- Thorough understanding of how to interpret customer business needs and translate them into application and operational requirements.
- Demonstrated skill in problem-solving, change management, and time management.
- Knowledge of Windows, MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio, Access and other Windows-based software applications.
- Strong skills in requirements elicitation and requirements management, as demonstrated by experience with, and preference for, types of documentation and requirements management tools such as JIRA, DOORs or Rational Rose.
- Proven ability to re-engineer business processes.
- Experience and familiarity with software development lifecycle methodologies, e.g. RUP, Agile.
- Experience with process management and process change implementation.
- Knowledge, or the ability to gain knowledge, of the specialized software relating to insurance and imaging systems.
- Fosters collaboration toward a common vision and shared goals.
- Familiar with mortgage concepts, practices, and procedures.
- Experience in the area of insurance processes and document management.
- Ability to communicate effectively at all levels.
- Ability to produce presentations, and to make public presentations.
- Skill in writing and editing.
- Skill in reading comprehension and proof reading.
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- Relies on extensive experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals.
- Works ethically, and with integrity, supporting organizational goals and values.
- Meets productivity standards and achieves key outcomes.
- Contributes to building a positive team spirit and treats others with respect.
- Maintains confidentiality of information and uses information appropriately.
- Exhibits sound judgment when making decisions and recommendations.
- Analyzes and interprets information accurately.
- Bachelor's degree in information technology, business, or related field or equivalent combination of education and work experience.
- Five years of experience within the insurance, mortgage, or related industry.
- Extensive experience and knowledge in information technologies, processes, software development lifecycles, and strategic initiatives.
- Rational Unified Process experience or training.
- Ability to work in the United States required
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands, as this position requires up to 8 hours a day of computer work. The employee is frequently required to talk and hear. The employee is occasionally required to sit, stand, walk, and reach with hands and arms. Specific vision abilities required by this job include ability to adjust focus (the ability to adjust the eye to bring an object into sharp focus) and close vision (defined as clear vision at 20 inches or less).
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly working in an office setting.
This position requires occasional (less than 1/4 of the time) travel within the United States of America, via air or road travel in a car, van or truck.
Certificates and Licenses:
Valid driver's license required for travel to job sites and client and vendor locations within the United States.
National Mortgage Insurance Corporation ("National MI") is a new mortgage insurance company that has access to over $500 million of private,...