The Business Analyst is responsible for implementing and supporting mission and business critical applications and services to promote the delivery of business services thought the organization. The Business Analyst will serve as an expert in local business requirements (across all lines of business: Cement, Aggregate, and Ready Mix Concrete with a focus on vertical integration) and will lead the gathering of business requirements, develop the functional and technical specifications, and ensure the successful delivery of the solution.
Working together with the Americas Infrastructure and Applications Service Center teams, he/she will participate in development, testing and rollout activities for implementations. The Business Analyst will fulfill the role of project management for the implementation of system enhancements requests . He/she will be responsible for support and resolution of application issues raised by users or identified as process deficiencies in all applications for all lines of business in the Country.
He/she will also work with other support resources within IT, offsite support and consulting staff to communicate business requirements and to coordinate the testing, acceptance and promotion of system enhancements and fixes .
It is critical that the potential candidate has strong business acumen and an appreciation of customer experience. They must develop an exceptional working relationship with teams across all product lines.
Key Responsibilities Results/Accountabilities
- Provides support to analyze and resolve business issues involving the effective use of COTS and Enterprise Applications
- Maintains a supportive and professional relationship with Business Process Owners to facilitate cooperation and problem resolution
- Conducts business process needs to formulate, define and document system requirements, and to create detailed functional design specifications within the constraints of providing sound operation of the application and IT development standards
- Determine and resolve application set up to meet business requirements or resolve processing difficulties.
- Travel requirement: 20%
- Ensures all COTS and Enterprise Applications operate reliably and effectively as per Service Level Objectives
- Ensures that all system modification and enhancement designs are compliant with Lafarge development standards, and will function reliably and efficiently according to the business requirements
- Manages small projects and enhancements to ensure that they are properly prioritized, are completed on time and within budget and meet the design specifications
- Ensures that all appropriate training programs and documentation are in place to support new or changing applications
- Leads business users to effectively test and accept system enhancements and manage the promotion process for these enhancements
- Adheres to all Lafarge IT processes, including incident management, change management and demand management
- Adheres to the Lafarge Project Management methodology and principles – PEAK
- Demonstrates a commitment to communicating, improving and adhering to safety policies in all work environments and areas
- Ensures compliance with internal control procedures - communicating problems in operations, unwarranted deviations from established standards, and violations of policy or law.
- Enhance the safety culture of Lafarge by adhering to safety policies, taking ownership for ensuring a safe workplace and demonstrating support to organizational safety initiatives
Relationships with Others Jobs
- Works in partnership with the Business Owners as well as with the other Americas Applications Service Center Business Analysts when defining user needs and change requests.
- Shares knowledge and best practices with other Business Analysts.
- Works along side the Business Owners and Applications Manager when defining requirements, providing estimates on demand requests and prioritizing work
- Supports the work of the Country Infrastructure Support team and appropriate Americas Applications Service Center Application Architects so that system reliability and effectiveness is maximized
- Uses knowledge of business processes and system solutions to lead technical discussions with the User Group – ensuring the most appropriate IT solution is provided (not simply what is requested).
- Working with Americas Applications Service Center architects and Business Analysts, validate proposed solutions and ensure they meet standards.
- Working with Americas Applications Service Center and Group Corporate (EAM) teams, provide input in the Templates functional requirements and scenarios.
- Where training personnel are involved, partners with them to ensure users obtain appropriate documentation and guidance.
Education and Work Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, information technology, or a related discipline
- 4 years overall IT experience
- 2 years of successful Business Analyst experience
- Prior experience in business analysis following IIBA standards would be an asset
- Prior experience in project management following PMI standards would be an asset
Knowledge and Skills:
- Fact finder, analytical, and excellent problem solver
- Strong verbal communication, negotiation, and interpersonal skills
- Strong written communication skills including the ability to organize and document issues and solutions
- Demonstrated ability to interface effectively with intermediate levels of management (Directors through end users)
- Analytical and development of technical specification documents
- 2 years Practical configuration experience IT related systems
- General Understanding of COTS (commercial of the self)
- General Understanding of JDE Enterprise One
- General Understanding of CRM applications
Job Specific Competency Profile (Lominger)
- Communication skills
- Business Acumen
- Learning on the Fly
- Dealing with Ambiguity
- Process Management
- Peer relationships
- Managing and measuring work
Financial Scope Number of subordinates
Expense Budget: $TBD/Variable Direct: 0
Capital Budget: $TBD/Variable Indirect: 0
Total Organization: 0
Lafarge - 22 months ago