Business Analyst, IT
Tesoro Corporation, headquartered in San Antonio, Texas, is a Fortune 150 and Global 500 company with approximately 6,000 employees. As a leading independent refiner and marketer of petroleum products we operate seven refineries and more than 900 branded retail stations.
Our strength lies in our investment in employees and in their future. We measure success not only by the products we bring to our customers, or the financial results we deliver to our shareholders, but also by remaining true to our core values of honesty and integrity; respect and trust; commitment to excellence; creative and entrepreneurial spirit; teamwork; and safety and environmental stewardship.
Discover your strengths and invest in your future by applying today.
The Business Analyst, IT provides guidance of available technologies identifies, communicates, designs and implements process improvements and production support for information technology applications used by Commercial business units. Requires minimal supervision and demonstrates ability to operate autonomously.
- Meets with customers to gather and document effective business requirements and translates requirements to system design.
- Maps and analyzes end-to-end business processes within third party and proprietary systems as well as integration with SAP.
- Implements new systems and enhancements with appropriate testing, change management and communication with minimal rework.
- Develops test plans, support documentation and training material for supported systems.
- Identifies researches and resolves system issues proactively and provides recommendations to management, customers and peers.
- Supports end-user requests and coordinates within IT framework to ensure effective use of current IT systems.
Education and Experience Requirements
United States-Texas-San Antonio
- Minimum undergraduate degree in Information Systems, Business Administration or relevant discipline required.
- Minimum 3 years diversified information technology experience required.
- Minimum 1 year analytical and business requirements gathering experience as team member on information technology projects required