The American Institute of Certified Public Accountants is the national, professional association of CPAs, with approximately 386,000 members, including CPAs in business and industry, public practice, government, and education; student affiliates; and international associates. We set ethical standards for the profession and U.S. auditing standards for audits of private companies; federal, state and local governments; and non-profit organizations. We also develop and grade the Uniform CPA Examination.
Business Analyst - Learning Management Solutions
Please respond via our website at www.aicpa.org/careers and post your resume directly online with us.
As a Business Analyst for Learning Management Solutions, this position requires vision for the product, strong partnerships with business representatives at all levels of the company, clear understanding of how to identify customer needs and priorities, position the product against the competition, capture future market developments as well as very strong analytical skills.
The ideal candidate for business analyst of Learning Management Solutions has experience with product development life cycle, learning management systems and enterprise content management systems including good understanding for courseware preparation and presentation, delivery of web-based and face-to-face courseware, class registration and transcripts.
Senior Manager - Business Solutions
- Business Analysis
- Learning product lifecycle
- Analytical Acumen
- Written and Verbal Communication
- Technology Orientation
- Solution implementation methodologies
Solution Design (75%):
Coordination & Leadership (25%):
- Translate high-level business strategies, requirements into robust and efficient solutions partnering with the products portfolio and management team
- Assess the market and industry best practices to guide the business in developing right technology solutions
- As a subject matter expert in LMS, ECMS and LCMS, implement, enhance and guide the business in developing the standard operating procedures
- Synthesize broad concepts, provide quantitative market trend data to help define the product strategy, roadmap and priorities
- Conduct competitive reviews, win/loss analysis and market testing of new features
- Make recommendations for process improvements
- Document the results of analysis in business cases, workflows, functional requirements and system and obtain sign-off from the appropriate stakeholders
- Identify and manage project risks, document issues and issue resolution to ensure successful product launch
- Ensure project success by keeping team aligned towards project objectives and expected results
- Designs and delivers presentations to senior management on the results of post-transformation audits, highlighting systemic issues, and provides recommendations for improvement.
- Understand internal and external customer needs.
- Review and approve the technical designs and provide suggestions for improvement.
- Ability to quickly adapt to and lead change
- Strong analytical problem solving and interpersonal skills
- Coordinate with management and business teams
- Manage relationships with the business community in addressing their issues, understand priority and manage the solution design phase of the project
- Contribute towards maintaining an environment of achievement within team
- Coordinate with service provider and partners when required
- Demonstrated project leadership, and facilitation skills
- Demonstrated ability to create and drive multiple, simultaneous projects based on business strategy and requirements
- Demonstrated ability to develop strategies and implementation
- Demonstrated ability to formulate strategies to achieve the business goals
- Timely and accurate analysis
- Delivering a measurable learning experience linked to user performance
Please respond via our website at www.aicpa.org/careers and post your resume directly online with us. You can upload your resume and cover letter directly via our website.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Computer Science or related field
- 7+ years of business analysis experience
- 3+ years of experience in product management experience
- Experience in designing and building content management system or online learning applications. Experience with Meridian, Saba LMS or equivalent.
- Experience with enterprise content management systems such as Open Text, Documentum, etc.
- Extensive knowledge on the product development lifecycle
- Experience with courseware creation, deploying the courses, publishing the courseware in various formats including AICC and SCORM
- Exceptional written and verbal skills; ability to produce clear and concise documentation, business requirements and/or functional specifications.
- Experience with the development of system specifications including use cases, conceptual models, and state diagrams highly desirable.
- Proven expertise in project planning methodology and full SDLC, as well as a strong process orientation
- Proven ability to lead and manage multi-disciplinary teams, including building collaboration and consensus among diverse teams of peers, vendors, and upper management.
- Lead and manage project steering committee meetings
- Exhibits high degree of pro-activeness in analyzing customer behavior using available data to influence changes to the product portfolio teams
- Ability to clearly articulate creative ideas to senior leaders
- Strong desire for exploring, evaluating and understanding new technologies
- Excellent judgment, organizational and problem-solving skills
- Strong sense of ownership, urgency and drive
- Agile development experience
- Good team player
- Demonstrated ability to work independently with business users, Project management and technical teams.
Equal Employment Opportunity
AICPA is committed to providing equal employment opportunity for all persons without regard to race, color, religion, gender, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, veteran status, or any other applicable legally protected status. All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply.