Business Analyst, Merchandising & Supply Chain, Production Support
Are you a curious and analytical person who enjoys supporting critical systems that drive the success of a world class company? Do you thrive in a fast paced environment where you are empowered to make decisions that directly impact the success of that business? At Nordstrom, there is a direct line between company success and our ability to leverage technologies to the fullest.
At Nordstrom, innovation is never out of style. The upscale fashion apparel chain founded in 1901 wins plaudits for using cutting-edge 21st century technology to offer shoppers convenience—and to stay competitive as retail migrates online. ---US news
NORDSTROM HAS REALIZED that technology can go a long way in improving customer service.-
Analysts credit Nordstrom's technological changes for much of its recent financial success.-Seattle Times
Who you are:
The ideal business analyst
collaborate with others to formulate creative ideas or solutions to move a project forward.
You value an environment where each individual is focused on a common goal; where collaboration is favored over competition. You are action orientated.
This Role Will:
- Support production of existing Merchandising systems and participate in On Call responsibilities
- Perform problem analysis, troubleshooting and timely resolutions to all outages
- Develop strong relationships with key partners within IT and business in order to achieve exceptional results
- Conduct interviews and facilitate sessions to gather requirements for projects in order to ensure requirements provide clear understanding of business need
- Support systems in production and new development work by coordinating efforts, sharing knowledge and communicating across impacted teams
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong organization, prioritization and time management skills
- Ability to work independently as well as collaboratively
- Ability to influence beyond the scope of their position
- Ability to drive work efforts, including determining next steps, prompt follow-through/ response while demonstrating self-motivation
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office applications and Microsoft Visio, SharePoint
- Minimum of 2 years experience as a business analyst
- Knowledge and experience with (online, retail, merchandising or product development, corporate center) processes, systems and reporting
- Bachelor's degree in a related field or equivalent experience preferred
- Experience in writing business requirements and process documentation
Since 1901, Nordstrom has offered a wide variety of quality apparel, shoes and accessories for men, women and children at our stores across the country. We're proud to be named to Fortune™ magazine's list of '100 Best Companies to Work For.' We believe this recognition comes from our desire to empower our employees to set their sights high and deliver exceptional service to customers.
As a Nordstrom employee, you can feel confident that your health and well-being are among our highest priorities. We offer a comprehensive, flexible employee benefits package that includes medical/vision and dental coverage, a generous merchandise discount, an employer-matched 401(K) savings and profit sharing plan and much more.
We are an equal opportunity employer committed to providing a diverse environment.
The above information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
Nordstrom, Inc.is a fashion specialty retailer that offers a selection of apparel, shoes, cosmetics and accessories for women, men and...