NorthShore Resources, Inc. is seeking a Business Analyst (Data Conversion) for a 10+ month contract opportunity in the Twin Cities!
Analyzes business and technical processes, data modeling and data mapping, documents business requirements, defines changes to business processes and assists in modifying them, configures, tests and implements enterprise-wide business systems. Interviews business partners to define detailed business requirements. Maps current processes to the desired state and identifies gaps, such as program functions, output requirements, input requirements and sources, data conversion strategies, and system techniques and controls. Where appropriate, translates business requirements to functional specifications and technical requirements. Coordinates with business and technology teams to provision and test business systems to ensure they meet requirements.
Overall project scope:
Phase 1 will take 12 complaint applications (12) and conform the data into a single unified database.
Phase 2 will merge the data from EPIQ Complaints into the single unified schema.
- Collect and Document Requirements
- Defines business needs by analyzing and documenting business processes; includes research, planning, writing user cases and project overviews, plus any supporting documentation
- Gather requirements from customers to identify desired support needs.
- Prepare project and system related documentation consistent with standards and procedures outlined in the applicable development methodologies.
- Assist in Defining Solutions...
- Perform feasibility studies and/or cost/benefit analyses in support of various initiatives.
- Maintain and document the logical and physical data models including data flow diagrams.
- Develop as-is and to-be business process flows and data models required by the department methodology for new system development or for process redesign.
Serve as Interface between Business and Technical Teams
- Facilitate meetings in the business area to review business processes and identify information system requirements and/or needs.
- Understand the various business entities and cross divisional relationships.
- Serve as a liaison between IS and the supported business areas.
- Communicate effectively with management to enhance their understanding of the opportunities and limitations of information systems.
Coordinate Execution of Initiatives
- Develop Test Plans, Cases, and Scripts and perform and coordinate Testing
- Develop the qualification and process validation test plans/reports
- Develop and deliver end user training
- Provide updates and communication to customers, management and IT; escalate issues as appropriate.
- Other duties as assigned.
NorthShore Resources, Inc. - 5 months ago
Founded in April 2000, NorthShore Resources is a leading provider of Information Technology consulting services. Centrally located in...