The General ® Insurance, also known as Permanent General Companies, Inc., is a rapidly growing company and a leading provider of non-standard automobile insurance. Currently, we are seeking qualified applicants for Business Analyst II. We offer great training, a well defined career path and a fun and challenging work environment where the right candidate will learn and grow with the company. We pride ourselves on teamwork and quality customer service. If you do too, please check us out!
The General ® offers a generous benefits package to its employees including medical, dental, vision and life insurance after one month of employment; health care and dependent care flexible spending accounts, tuition reimbursement, paid time off (vacation, sick, holidays), 401(k) participation with a matching contribution, wellness initiatives and much more!
The Business Analyst role will vary based on business needs and will report to a manager in the assigned business unit. The primary responsibilities of the Business Analyst will include serving as a liaison between the various business units and the IT department to provide the IT staff with appropriate project specifications, assisting with issue resolution, participating in the creation of project documentation and communicating information system requirements back to the business units in a timely manner. Essential job responsibilities of the Business Analyst will include:
- Translate and document project requirements and business needs into testable, developer-ready requirements by partnering with project stakeholders.
- Produce professional quality project artifacts including but not limited to business requirement documents, requirement plans (data, event, context and process components), traceability matrices, use cases, issue logs and other artifacts as needed.
- Works with technologists to ensure that project issues or impediments are quickly resolved.
- Follows requirements through to the implementation phase by clarifying specification questions and responding to items found during the development, testing and pre/post implementation phases.
- Partners with project stakeholders to manage requirement change requests throughout the development lifecycle.
- Respectfully challenges requirement additions that lead to scope creep.
- Identifies and communicates risks as well as possible mitigation plans and/or solutions.
- Assists the business in determining if and how new systems or system enhancements may improve business operations and/or contribute to the overall program’s goals and objectives.
- Serves as a critical resource and liaison between subject matter experts and technologists throughout the project lifecycle.
- Works with the business stakeholders to recommend appropriate training, communication and scheduling as systems are deployed.
- Work with the project team to determine appropriate test plans, deployment plans and support the product launch.
- Secure document approvals from the appropriate project stakeholders.
- Act as a liaison between the IT department and other user departments.
- Bachelor’s degree in any computer-related field such as Computer Information Systems, Computer Science or Information Technology is required.
- At least 5 years recent IT business analysis experience is required.
- Proven ability to communicate both oral and written information to all levels within the organization.
- Ability to create high level and detailed business requirements, use cases and decompose those into functional specifications.
- Knowledge of IT best operating practices and methodologies.
- Experience building specifications for Mobile application development or Mobile optimized applications is desired.
- Working knowledge of all phases of the Software Development Lifecycle including planning, designing, developing, testing and releasing software applications.
- Some knowledge of non-standard automobile insurance systems is preferred.
- Some knowledge of Microsoft Project and Visio is desired.
Permanent General Assurance Corp. - 14 months ago
copy to clipboard