Responsible for identifying and resolving complex business problems through the use of new or existing technologies. He/she will serve as liaison between technical and non-technical departments in order to ensure that all targets and requirements are met. The Business Analyst will be accountable for the delivery of a high quality specification within the negotiated budget and schedule.
- Interact with business resources and departments to determine the problem/opportunity, formulate solutions, and ensure successful implementation.
- Interact with information technology team to ensure requirements are communicated for development resources.
- Assume a lead role in the testing and training preparations for the successful implementation of technology solutions.
- Follow the I.T. development methodology by ensuring Oracle configuration documents (BR100), change documentation (MD50), and technical specifications are followed (MD70).
- Communications (written and verbal) within team and rest of departments/company.
- Utilize and understand business intelligence tools (Oracle OBIEE, Hyperion) and assist business leaders with the understanding of management information
- Utilize and general understanding of Oracle suite of EBS tools in order to provide best practice solutions
- Ability to transfer information from management into needed data
This position is highly visible within IT and should be able to motivate other departments to challenge themselves to reach their goals. The Business Analyst will be required to relay information from the technical IT team or department to the clients in easily understood terms for both groups. Acting as a liaison between the business and IT departments, the Business Analyst shall distinguish request from needs. He/she will access the propsed project plan to ensure all needs are met. The verifiable solution shall be one which guarantees success.
- Bachelors degree or higher in a technical OR business discipline
- 10 years Business Intelligence and IT project management.
- General knowledge of Compuware ChangePoint, OQS BOSS, MS Dynamics GP, Microsoft CRM, MS SQL and systems technologies
- General knowledge of accounting principals and financial reporting systems
- Experience in project management methodologies and processes as they pertain to Business Intelligence deployment
- Ability to map business reporting requirements to application and data capabilities
- Excellent communication skills and ability to present to groups
- Ability to multi-task and work on several projects at one time
- Ability to meet project deadlines
- 10% travel to OnX facilities (US and Canada) on active projects or applicable training classes
- Ability to work after hours, on-call, weekends, or holidays based on the implementation dates for projects when applicable
- Ability to sit and participate in meetings for long periods of time when applicable
- No lifting required
OnX Enterprise Solutions - 10 months ago