Posting Job Title Business Analyst Requisition # 140594BR Posting Location Charlotte, NC, US Area of Interest Business Affairs/Development/Analysis
Position Type Full Time Posting Job Description The Time Warner Cable Corporate Charlotte, NC office currently seeks a Business Analyst for our Technology & Application Development group. Below please find a brief description:
The Business Analyst's role is a high visibility liaison between the technical teams and our business partners in a collaborative effort to successfully deliver solutions that meets the goals of the program and the company. This position requires the expert ability to translate business concepts to technical terms and complex technical ideas and processes back to meaningful business terminology. The professional and innate ability to understand the audience and communicate effectively is a critical skill required for success. The Business Analyst will, through appropriate, self-determined and applied discovery methodologies, define and document the business needs, processes and requirements of the project/product being served such that all members of the working team clearly understand and act upon them in an efficient manner. As a member of the team you will be confident and able to work alone with little direction, yet adaptable and a staunch team player as required.
Essential Job Functions:
- Collaborate with Project Managers, Product Managers/Product Owners and business partners (such as Customer Care, Finance, Human Resources, Legal and Marketing) to determine project scope and vision.
- Conduct interviews and product analysis to gather user requirements via workshops, surveys, site visits, workflow storyboards, use cases, scenarios, and other methods.
- Work with Product Manager and project team to prioritize collected requirements.
- Review the efficiency of existing requirements-gathering processes and develop strategies for enhancing or further leveraging these processes.
- Translate conceptual user requirements into functional requirements and document them in a clear manner that is comprehensible to developers/project team.
- Where necessary, develop prototypes of interfaces and attributes based on findings.
- Create process models, specifications, diagrams, and charts to provide direction to developers and/or the project team.
- Manage and track the status of requirements throughout the project lifecycle; enforce and redefine as necessary (i.e., ensuring the Product Backlog is updated).
- Communicate enhancements and modifications to Project Managers, Product Managers/Product Owners, and other stakeholders so that risks and solutions are understood.
- Attend daily standup, sprint planning, sprint review and retrospective meetings.
- Prepare and present PowerPoint presentations (or demo) of completed work to the stakeholders during sprint review meetings.
- Provide data for status reports.
- Assist with conducting research on software and hardware products to justify recommendations and to support purchasing efforts.
- Provide guidance and/or instruction to junior staff members (including contractors).
Education & Experience:
- Proven experience with business and technical requirements analysis, elicitation, modeling, verification, and methodology development.
- Ability to create systematic and consistent requirements specifications.
- Clear understanding of product management.
- Demonstrated project management skills and project management software skills.
- Experience with Scrum/agile software development methodology is a plus.
- Working technical knowledge of SharePoint 2010 is a plus.
- Ability to exercise independent judgment and take action on it.
- Excellent analytical, mathematical, and creative problem-solving skills.
- Excellent listening, interpersonal, written, and oral communication skills.
- Logical and efficient, with keen attention to detail.
- Highly self-motivated and directed.
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks while under pressure.
- Strong customer service orientation.
- Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
- Ability to work in a geographically dispersed team comprised of employees and contractors.
We are proud to offer a robust benefits package including medical, dental, vision, pension, a matched 401(k) plan, tuition reimbursement, and discounted services for employees who reside in a Time Warner Cable service area.Time Warner Cable is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V
- Bachelor's degree preferred in the field of Business Administration, Computer Science or other IT-related degree and 7 years related work experience (specialized training or 4 years additional experience may substitute for a degree).
FCC Unit_TWC HQ452 Controlling Establishment ID 00237 - Charlotte 7910 Crescent
Time Warner Cable - 2 years ago
copy to clipboard
Time Warner Cable (TWC) makes coaxial quiver. The company is the #2 US cable company, after Comcast, with operations in 28 states. Its core...