The Senior Business Analyst role is a key strategy role that resides in the North American Distribution (NAD) Project Delivery Organization. This group provides project portfolio management and project delivery services to all functional groups within NAD. The Business Analyst's primary responsibility is to provide business analysis and/or business process analysis support, strategy development and project delivery on key American Funds projects to achieve necessary business and project outcomes for NAD.
Primary Responsibilities/Essential Functions
- Organizing, coordinating and managing small to medium size work efforts and/or projects.
- Scope definition and business problem analysis.
- Analyzing, refining and/or designing business processes.
- Working with business subject matter experts to gather and document business requirements.
- Coordinating with business subject matter experts to perform needs assessment.
- 3-5 years business analysis experience preferred
- Demonstrated experience gathering and documenting business requirements
- Demonstrated experience analyzing and designing business processes
- Strong project management skills, including task estimation, time management and project communications
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent listening, critical thinking and information gathering skills
- Strong time management and organizational skills
- Proven ability to work independently and in a team environment
- High degree of proficiency with software applications such as Microsoft Word, Excel, Powerpoint and MS Project (preferred)
- BA/BS Degree
- Data analysis skills desired
The Capital Group Companies, founded in 1931, has built a business being a steady Eddy for its clients. As a rule, the investment firm...