Serves as a liaison between the business community and the IT organization to provide technical solutions to meet user needs. Evaluates complex business needs and develops system requirements to ensure adherence to development life cycle standards, requirements, policies and procedures, and to ensure cohesion, on-time and on-budget delivery of software applications. Analyzes business partner’s operations to understand their strengths and weaknesses to determine opportunities to automate processes and functions.
• Provides insurance and technical support to IT staff for the implementation of new systems/solutions, enhancements and maintenance of installed systems.
• Translates moderate level business requirements into functional specifications for the IT organization and manages changes to such specifications. Includes analysis of business and user needs, documenting requirements, and revising existing system logic difficulties as necessary.
• Educates the IT organization on the direction of the business.
• Negotiates agreements and commitments by facilitating communication between business unit(s) and IT from initial requirements to final implementation.
• Possesses an understanding of technological trends and uses this knowledge to bring solutions to business units supported to enhance the enterprise’s competitive edge.
Bachelor's degree from four-year college or university or equivalent work experience.
Typically 5+ years of relevant technical or business work experience, with 4-6 years related experience in business analysis. Knowledge of 4 insurance areas/departments with minimum of 6 months in each area/department).
Must have highly effective team-oriented communication skills (oral, written, listening). Must have ability to conduct meetings with business and project teams. Must be able to create and interpret project plans, specifications, flowcharts, programming diagrams, etc. Must be highly competent in reading, analyzing and interpreting technical industry-related journals and DOI filings. Must be capable of coordinating and organizing input from various channels, perform negotiation, resolve conflicts and build consensus. Possesses expertise in the business unit(s) they support as well as an understanding of the IT organization’s systems and capabilities. Ability to apply insurance and information system knowledge to assist business in improving workflow and improving the cost effective utilization of insurance systems.
ICW Group - 15 months ago