Our multi-billion dollar Client, with more than 40,000 employees and a world-class IT Division located in greater Ft. Lauderdale, FL is looking for a Business Analyst Technician for a nine month contract opportunity.
To apply, please send your resume in Word format to firstname.lastname@example.org
Scope of Work:
The Business Analyst works closely with Information Technology, Hotel Operations, Brand Marketing and other operational departments to understand business objectives and determine and document business process and requirements; while partnering with the project management organization (PMO) and solution teams within IT to deliver comprehensive solutions. This position is responsible for meeting with business partners directly and facilitating/leading requirements gathering sessions (white boarding, brainstorming). The successful candidate will be able to quickly understand the issues and operational challenges facing IT and the business partners as well as the larger organization as a whole. Essential Day to Day Responsibilities:
• Analyzes business and user needs, documentation of requirements per client standards, and translation into proper system requirement specifications.
• Participate in solution option evaluations with IT teams and business partners.
• Responsible for initial planning and estimation of low to moderate complexity projects and requests.
• Interfaces with PMO on developing a comprehensive project plan and leading business partners in their areas such as training, testing, operational changes/plans, user acceptance testing and deployment to the field (global locations).
• Remains engaged throughout the project at critical milestones, also working with business partners on their portions of the project.
• Assists in providing product training to internal IT teams. The Business Analyst works as part of a team that is ultimately responsible for business satisfaction. They work as a member of the IT Portfolio Group, and also may be required to work independently with business partners on projects and larger initiatives. The Business Analyst keeps the team informed of progress and issues, particularly as it relates to changes in scope, schedule, and budget. A successful IT Business Analyst is technically savvy and posses strong collaboration abilities.
The ideal candidate will have experience working in a large hotel/resort front office type environment along with knowledge of and experience supporting hotel systems such as Property Managemnt and Point of Sale. The successful candidate will be expected to gain knowledge of current industry technology trends and be able to participate in discussion of their application in the industry and with client. CANDIDATE QUALIFICATIONS
• Excellent interpersonal skills, including oral and written communication skills
• Relevant experience as a Business Analyst, some directly with business teams
• Excellent organizational skills
• Ability to adapt and excel in a fast paced, dynamic work environment
• Ability to manage changing priorities
• Ability to make sound busines decisions, putting the good of the team, the project and of client first.
• Ability to own and drive issues to resolution, sense of urgency with strong follow-up skills
• Experience developing and executing testing strategies & test scripts
• Ability to work with and maintain confidential and proprietary information. Candidate may be required to agree to and sign project related Non-disclosure agreements.
Hospitality Experience, including Front Office System support Experience with Mobile solutions, preference on iOS and Android Solutions
• Bachelor’s degree preferred in area of specialty, or equivalent experience
• 3-5 years of experience in the field or in a related area
The position will be required to travel on business. Travel may reach 50% global travel – Candidate must posses a valid passport and any required travel/work visas. Candidate must be able to freely travel to all global locations serviced by client on short notice.
We can not use H1 candidates o r candidates through a 3rd party vendor.
Computer International Consultants (CIC) provides clients with the highest quality of information technology (and other) professionals with technical excellence in programming, analysis, design, development and management. For a complete list of our job openings, please visit us at www.cictampa.com .