The Business Analyst is responsible for working with the business owners, IT managers, and developers to gather functional requirements for new development or enhancements of Web sites or applications.
· Develops and prepares system specifications for assigned applications, parallel to overall business strategies for implementation by Information Technology.
· Gathers and translates general business requirements
· Serves as a liaison between the content owners and development team for existing and new projects
· Performs research to gather necessary information, compiles statistics, and prepares analysis of data.
· Works with Manager and development teams to implement system changes.
· Recognizes unique or problem situations within areas of assigned responsibility. Researches and formulates solutions in conjunction with Manager.
· Oversees and assists with staff training, testing, and debugging of changes.
· Documents system bugs, errors and solutions.
· Assists in creating user and/or training guides on applications.
· Informs the necessary staff of system enhancements.
· Maintains working knowledge in areas of assigned responsibility for use in the development of system enhancements and reporting requirements.
· Prepares, analyzes and documents reports and provides feedback to Manager.
· Re sponsible for the preparation and delivery of regular, timely reports for other departments and clients.
· Coordinates projects under assigned area of responsibility and provides feedback to Manager.
· Attends meetings and coordinates activities and preparation of related documents.
· Responds to calls, correspondence, and email as directed.
· Interacts with IT management and other staff to provide or obtain information and to facilitate group projects
· Maintains follow up to ensure timely and accurate completion of assignments.
· Prepares spreadsheets, memos, letters, reports, binders, manuals and other documents.
· May serve on committees, workgroups, and project teams as needed.
· Provides Manager with frequent or daily progress updates.
· Maintains confidentiality of all sensitive business information at all times.
· Performs other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
· Bachelor’s degree in Information Management, Business, or equivalent experience.
· Minimum 2 years of experience with software development, collecting systems requirements, and creating documentation.
· Experience in a managed health plan helpful but not required.
· Knowledgeable of web usability and graphical user interface standards.
· Experience with all phases of the software development life cycle from requirements to the release and maintenance of enterprise level applications
· Experience in software quality assurance and documenting test cases
· Familiarity with agile development methodologies
· Experience working in a .NET environment with application development preferred
· Team Foundation Server background helpful
· Proficient in MS Office
· Demonstrated ability to interact in a positive, respectful manner and establish and maintain cooperative working relationships.
· Ability to display excellent customer service to meet the needs and expectations of both internal and external customers.
· Excellent listening and interpersonal communication skills to identify critical core competencies based on success factors and organizational environment.
· Ability to effectively organize, prioritize, multi-task and manage time.
· Demonstrated accuracy and productivity in a changing environment with constant interruptions.
· Demonstrated ability to analyze information, problems, issues, situations and procedures to develop effective solutions.
· Demonstrated ability to communicate with both technical and non-technical staff in order to gather necessary details.
· Ability to exercise strict confidentiality in all matters.
· Ability to create business and system process diagrams.
· Ability to facilitate and manage meetings.
Mobility: Primarily sedentary, able to sit for long periods of time.
Physical Requirements: Ability to speak, see and hear other personnel and/or objects. Ability to communicate both in oral and written form. Ability to travel within the facility. Capable of using a telephone and computer keyboard. Ability to lift up to 10 lbs.
Environmental Conditions: Usual office setting.
ASH Companies - 21 months ago