This is an entry-mid level systems analysis position on the Application Development and Support team within the IT department. In this position you will work with Software Engineers, DBAs, and QAs within IT, as well as with business clients throughout the rest of the company. The person taking this position will be responsible for gathering and documenting business specifications for systems development and enhancements, investigating and resolving issues with our data and applications, and doing ad-hoc reporting. The person taking this position will work with both software engineers and internal clients to ensure that system solutions meet business needs.
- Gather business requirements for systems solutions by
- interviewing internal clients in business departments
- reviewing business documents, contracts, regulations, and reports, and
- surveying problem reports and enhancement requests
- hands-on analysis of existing systems functions and data,
- Analyze, synthesize, and document business requirements as specifications for software engineers and DBAs.
- Research and diagnose reported issues with data and applications, using query and reporting tools as needed.
- Work with clients and IT QA staff to develop and execute user acceptance test plans; work with software engineers and DBAs to diagnose, correct, and retest problems.
- Define and develop ad hoc reports using system data sources and query/reporting tools such as MS-SQL, MS-ACCESS and Crystal Reports, both for delivery to clients and for use in analysis and testing
- Assist in training and support for business clients using our applications
- Candidates must be eligible to work in the US and not require sponsorship
- Position may require travel due to training.
- EDUCATION/EXPERIENCE: Bachelor's degree (B. A.) from four-year college or university; or three to five years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- LANGUAGE ABILITY: Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
- MATH ABILITY: Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
- REASONING ABILITY: Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
- TECHNICAL SKILLS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must have experience working with queries and reporting on relational databases (MS-SQL; reporting and analysis tools such as MS-ACCESS, Crystal Reports, Business Objects, or SAS); claims business analysts and writing basic instructions to programmers for more complex data queries required for data analysis, testing reports or data feeds, and have knowledge of current technologies in telecommunications (e.g. MS Office tools and Windows).
COMPREHENSIVE BENEFITS PACKAGE:
- Disability and AD&D
- Retirement & Savings Plan with 100% employer match up to 5% of salary
- Education Assistance Reimbursement
- Paid Vacation and Holidays
The Berkshire Hathaway Homestate Companies (BHHC) is a group of six insurance companies that are part of the Berkshire Hathaway Insurance Group, headquartered in Omaha, Nebraska. Our Workers Compensation Division provides premier workers compensation insurance coverage to employers across the country, with offices in San Francisco, San Diego, Pasadena, Omaha, St. Louis, Atlanta, and Dallas.
As a member of the Berkshire Hathaway insurance group, BHHC has earned an enviable record of success in the insurance industry that is supported by an A++ A.M. Best rating, the highest rating they award insurance carriers. Our corporate size enables our organization to react swiftly and effectively to opportunities in the insurance marketplace. At the same time, our financial strength provides our agents and customers the security rarely available in a regional specialty carrier.
We value each individual and recognize that attracting and retaining high quality talent is essential to the success of our company. Our structure minimizes bureaucracy and creates an environment that encourages our employees to see the direct effects of their hard work throughout the company. Each division provides hands on training and maintains a small company feel, creating an atmosphere in which 'team players' thrive.
BHHC - 14 months ago