The Aladdin Product Group develops and supports every facet of BlackRock’s information system needs. Our global teams perform a wide variety of activities from maintaining system stability to growing the features and functionality of our state-of the-art trading and asset management platform, Aladdin. The breadth of our responsibilities calls for a diverse range of expertise.
The Trade and Order Management (TOM) team is responsible for developing Aladdin's core trading services and applications. The team maintains a number of mission critical systems and is constantly evolving to meet new technical and functional demands from our users.
As a business analyst, you bridge the technical and business worlds to design and build innovative solutions that meet that needs of our clients. You will work with a variety of internal teams to understand, distill, capture, and organize their business requirements and incorporate them into the product strategy.
- Vet business and technical specifications, prioritize features, facilitate design sessions, and build consensus with developers, client representatives, and senior management.
- Help to define the product vision and roadmap, incorporating BlackRock’s strategy and principles, and financial markets and industry trends.
- Manage user acceptance testing for new features and bug fixes.
- Gather feedback about user experience and work with developers to integrate it into the product.
- Plan, prepare, and deploy software releases according to the SDLC.
- Serve as the project manager on key projects, ensuring their successful completion within given constraints.
- Constantly seek out and implement product and process improvements.
- 3 years of product management or product design experience with a focus on delivering high performance software solutions.
- Detail-oriented with exceptional written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent problem-solving, organizational, and analytical skills; enjoy solving puzzles and extracting meaning from data.
- Understanding of the technical architecture of distributed, highly scalable computer systems.
- Understanding of capital markets and electronic trading.
- Ability to work with end users and developers alike and thrive in a rapidly changing business environment.
- Enjoy learning new things and building innovative solutions to challenging problems.
If you enjoy building high-performance, user-friendly software one day and learning about global financial market trends another, this is the role for you.
BlackRock is proud to be an E-Verify & Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer—M/F/D/V.
- Travel : No
- Direct Reports: No
- Licences: No
BlackRock is one of the world’s preeminent asset management firms and a premier provider of global investment management, risk management and advisory services to institutional, intermediary and individual investors around the world. BlackRock offers a range of solutions — from rigorous fundamental and quantitative active management approaches aimed at maximizing outperformance to highly efficient indexing strategies designed to gain broad exposure to the world’s capital markets. Our clients can access our investment solutions through a variety of product structures, including individual and institutional separate accounts, mutual funds and other pooled investment vehicles, and the industry-leading iShares® ETFs.
Americas-United States-New York
Tech & Ops-APG-Core Transaction Processing
Oct 11, 2013, 9:20:14 AM
BlackRock - 14 months ago
Now this is the kind of coal you want in your stocking. BlackRock, with more than $3.5 trillion under management, is the world's...