"We will use our role as the area’s leading health insurer to provide affordable access to healthcare and to improve the health and wellness of our members."
Summary of Position:
Under general supervision, formulates and defines systems and business process scope and objectives through research and fact-finding combined with an understanding of applicable business systems and processes. With this knowledge, develops or modifies moderately complex information systems, including analysis of business and user needs, documenting requirements, and revising existing system logic difficulties as necessary.
Essential Accountabilities – Other duties may be assigned:
* Creates and/or updates the appropriate Project Management Methodology (PMM) documents within the needed timeframes.
* Provides assistance concerning the resolution of business and technical problems and effectively communicates information and developments to appropriate staff.
* Provides project leadership to facilitate the implementation of new applications and enhancements of existing applications.
* Manages relationships with vendors and outside resources and acts as liaison between the vendor and the internal customer.
* Develops data collection, reporting, and tracking mechanisms for process and staff performance management. Performs information reporting and analysis functions, both ongoing and ad hoc.
* Incorporates analytical and problem resolution skills to effectively train end users. Assists/consults in the development of training materials and conducts training sessions on software applications.
* Analyzes customer feedback from multiple sources and recommends business process and system improvements to management and/or the appropriate committees.
* Incorporates analytical and problem resolution skills to effectively identify appropriate performance metrics, staffing impacts, potential training needs, and ROI
* Documents and monitors risks, issues, and decisions related to business process design and engage in resolution as appropriate.
Principal Challenges – List the most typical and/or most complex problems or challenges faced in performing the job:
To be determined
Supervisory Responsibilities (if applicable):
Qualifications – The following qualifications are representative of the basic knowledge, skills and abilities required to perform this job at a satisfactory level. Reasonable accommodations may need to be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions:
* Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations.
* Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals.
* Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
* Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
* Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent, and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
* Ability to calculate figures, and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, and percentages.
* Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
* Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and to deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
Other (please specify)
* Ability to manage difficult customer situations, to respond promptly to customer needs, and to solicit customer comments for service improvement.
Knowledge and Skills:
* Intermediate level knowledge of and ability to use Microsoft Windows, Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Access (or similar applications) preferred.
Education and Years of Experience:
Bachelor’s degree (B.S. or B.A.) in business administration, computer science, information systems, or a related academic field, with 2-4 years of relevant experience working with operational processes, preferably within the healthcare industry as well as within the business areas to be supported; or any combination of education and experience providing the required types and levels of knowledge, skills, and abilities. Competent to work in some phases of systems and business analysis and considers the business implications of the application of technology and process changes to the current business environment.
Certification, Licenses, Registrations Required:
Physical Demands – The physical demands listed are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.:
The employee normally sits while performing duties. The employee frequently uses hands to finger, handle, and feel; and reaches with hands or arms. Must occasionally lift and/or move objects weighing up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and the ability to adjust focus.
Work Environment - Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.:
Work is performed in an environmentally-controlled office setting, with no exposure to adverse conditions.