Working with Microsoft SQL Server, evaluate and utilize reporting tools, and work closely with other departments to determine business needs.
- Communicate with other functional departments such as Finance, Sales/Marketing, Customer Service, Support Services and other departments to identify business needs.
- Gather and formalize business requirements such as for reports, data extracts, third-party vendor application enhancements and internal application development.
- Create simple and advanced queries using SQL structured for MS SQL Server.
- Evaluate and utilize third-party reporting tools as needed depending on the required solution.
- Perform database administration tasks as needed such as creating scheduled batch scripts, monitoring database performance and evaluating backup processes.
- Prepare technical and user documentation as needed.
- Write scripts and stored procedures as needed.
- Work as part of a team to exchange business and technical knowledge in a positive manner.
- Perform other duties as required related to analysis, requirements and database related projects.
- Minimum 3 years working with Microsoft SQL Server.
- Minimum 3 years developing simple and complex SQL queries using MS SQL Server.
- Experience writing batch scripts, stored procedures and stored functions.
- Experience with business analysis related desktop tools such as Excel and Word.
- Experience with third-party reporting tools.
- Experience tuning SQL Server databases a plus.
- Oracle and MySQL database experience a plus.
- Professional attitude and willingness to work independently and as a member of a team.
- A.S. Degree and/or B.S. Degree preferred but not required depending on years of experience.
Bluegrass Cellular - 14 months ago