This is a new position required to support the IBMS Upgrade/Advanced Rights Project for Showtime. The project consist of two phases: (1) upgrading the IBMS system to the latest supported version, and (2) licensing and implementing an Advanced Rights module. The IBMS system is the programming system used by Showtime to acquire, track rights, plan, schedule, air and generate amortization schedules and payment requests for Showtime’s broadcast content – it affects eight business units. The Business Analyst is required to work with the business units to learn their business, understand their requirements and translate those requirements to custom features and enhancements in the IBMS system.
Job Description (Narrative Summary):
The Business Analyst role is to plan, analyze, design, assist in the development and launch efficient business, financial and operations systems in support of core organizational functions and business processes. This includes gathering and analyzing data in support of business cases, proposed projects and systems requirements. The Business Analyst is also responsible for generating and compiling reports based on their findings, complete with probable causes and possible solutions to systems issues.
- Conducts reviews of and analyzes business and information technology processes and prepares essential groundwork for the development of systems.
- Evaluates business requirements for applications and systems integration and service activation, while delivering new or modified software systems enhancements and/or integration solutions.
- Participates in the definition, testing, training, implementation and support of system requirements.
- Identifies customer requirements, develops test schedules, reviews testing plans, tracks and documents the development and results of these plans.
- Alerts manager to potential risks and issues of importance.
- Uncovers client requirements via industry standard analysis techniques such as Data Flow Modeling and Object Modeling, Case Analysis, Workflow Analysis, and Functional Decomposition Analysis.
- Solicits client requirements through interviews, workshops and/or existing systems documentation or procedures.
- Ensures requirements are understood, agreed to and signed off at the appropriate stages in a project.
- Provides detailed analysis of processes and workflows with suggestions for improvement. Identify areas where technology can lead to increased efficiency and productivity.
- Understands the functions provided by the current systems. Understand and accommodate the requirement constraints imposed by current systems.
- Performs detailed analysis resulting in clear, concise and unambiguous system requirements. Requirements analysis will undergo multiple iterations and refinements. Document detailed use cases that cover all alternate and exception flows. Supplements use cases with real world scenarios.
- Provides UI mock-ups. Leads design discussions and identifies design options.
- Provides user documentation for system. Creates curriculum and provide classes for user training.
- At least three (3) years of business analysis experience in the media industry
- Demonstrated track record of defining systems that lead to increased efficiency and productivity through the use of technology.
- Strong business acumen.
- Very strong relationship building capabilities.
- Excellent analytical and communication (both verbal and written) skills.
- Innovative thinking and vision.
- Solid understanding of technology.
- Documented experience with methodology and process related to Business Analysis.
- Experience with Pilat’s Integrated Broadcast Management System (IBMS) or other programming and scheduling software a plus.
-IBMS System, Pilat, Advance Rights and Licensing
Minimum Education Level
- 3 years ago - save job