The Business Analyst will act as the business group/IT liaison during analysis, requirements definition and design activities; maintains an understanding of business processes and related systems for supported business units; participates in management of customer expectations, collaborates with business partners to define and document business and functional requirements and works with technical staff to develop solution alternatives. |
The Business Analyst also participates in the project management process; contributes to project deliverables including vision documents, status reports, and project, risk, resource and financial plans; communicates status, business impacts and system changes to team members, business partners, sponsors, management and other interested parties.
* Conduct and oversee requirements gathering, functional analysis, design activities related to legal, financial and business systems.
* Serve as a central knowledge source for HP Autonomy, Microsoft SharePoint and related content management systems.
* Provide Autonomy/SharePoint application integration knowledge among various business applications (ex. Outlook, Internet Explorer, internal applications, etc.).
* Provide ongoing business process standardization and re-engineering.
* Implement features and business processes identified during the requirements gathering process as the Lead SME (subject matter expert).
* Evaluate business requirements for applications and systems integration.
* Participate in the definition, testing, training, implementation and support of system requirements.
* Lead the development of business group requirements, test schedules, testing plans, tracks and documents the development and results of these plans.
* Escalate potential risks and issues of importance.
* Solicit client requirements through interviews, workshops and/or existing systems documentation or procedures.
* Ensure requirements are understood, agreed to and signed off at the appropriate stages in a project.
* Provide detailed analysis of processes and workflows with suggestions for improvement.
* Identify areas where technology can lead to increased efficiency and productivity.
* Understand the functions constraints imposed by current systems.
* Communicate and accommodate the requirement constraints imposed by current systems.
* Perform detailed analysis resulting in clear, concise and unambiguous system requirements.
* Provide UI mock-ups. Leads design discussions and identifies design options.
* Provides user documentation for system.
* Creates curriculum and provide classes for user training.
* At least four (4) years of IT Business Analysis and Project Management experience.
* At least two (2) years of Legal/Business Document, Records and Content Management experience
* Legal systems implementation experience.
* Experience implementing Autonomy and Microsoft SharePoint
* Experience in the design, development and deployment of Experience Management Solutions, Autonomy / SharePoint Document Management Solutions, eDiscovery and Matter Centric Deployments
* Strong technology, business and legal acumen.
* An ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing to management, team members, business and technology professionals.
* Very strong relationship-building skills
* Innovative thinking and vision
* An ability to analyze complex business problems, propose effective solutions and understand and apply business vision and direction.
* An ability to apply broad business knowledge and practical experience to the analysis/solution generation process.
* An ability to deliver results on time and within budget.
* In-depth knowledge and experience in project management processes, including project planning and tracking principles; project risk and issues identification, assessment, tracking, and mitigation.
* Experience with developing methodologies and processes related to Business Analysis and Project Management.
Required Educational Requirements:
* Undergraduate degree.
Preferred Educational Requirements:
* Master’s degree.
* Paralegal education, certification and/or experience.
* Project Management and/or Business Systems Analyst Certification.
Minimum Education Level
CBS Corporation - 2 years ago