About Us" > CBS Corporation (NYSE: CBS.A and CBS) is a mass media company that creates and distributes industry-leading content across a variety of platforms to audiences around the world. The Company has businesses with origins that date back to the dawn of the broadcasting age as well as new ventures that operate on the leading edge of media. CBS owns the most-watched television network in the U.S. and one of the world’s largest libraries of entertainment content, making its brand – “the Eye” – one of the most recognized in business. The Company’s operations span virtually every field of media and entertainment, including cable, publishing, radio, local TV, film, outdoor advertising, and interactive and socially responsible media. CBS’s businesses include CBS Television Network, The CW (a joint venture between CBS Corporation and Warner Bros. Entertainment), Showtime Networks, CBS Sports Network, TVGN (a joint venture between CBS Corporation and Lionsgate), Smithsonian Networks, Simon & Schuster, CBS Television Stations, CBS Radio, CBS Outdoor, CBS Television Studios, CBS Global Distribution Group (CBS Studios International and CBS Television Distribution), CBS Interactive, CBS Consumer Products, CBS Home Entertainment, CBS Films and CBS EcoMedia.
The Business Analyst role is to plan, design, assist in the development, support and launch efficient business and operations systems in support of core organizational functions and business processes. This includes gathering and analyzing data in support of business cases, proposed projects and systems requirements. The Business Analyst is also responsible for generating and compiling reports based on their findings, complete with probable causes and possible solutions to systems issues.
The Business Analyst-Broadcast Operations position will provide software support for mission critical scheduling and operational systems related to the Network production and broadcast operations. Broadcast applications experience including IBMS PilatMedia, ScheduALL and Xytech is required.
- Conduct reviews of and analyzes business and information technology processes and prepare essential groundwork for the development of systems.
- Evaluate business requirements for applications and systems integration and service activation, while delivering new or modified software systems enhancements and/or integration solutions.
- Participate in the definition, testing, training, implementation and support of system requirements.
- Identify customer requirements, develop test schedules, review testing plans, track and document the development and results of these plans.
- Alert manager to potential risks and issues of importance.
- Uncover client requirements via industry standard analysis techniques such as Data Flow Modeling and Object Modeling, Case Analysis, Workflow Analysis, and Functional Decomposition Analysis.
- Solicit client requirements through interviews, workshops and/or existing systems documentation or procedures.
- Ensure requirements are understood, agreed to and signed off at the appropriate stages in a project.
- Provide detailed analysis of processes and workflows with suggestions for improvement. Identify areas where technology can lead to increased efficiency and productivity.
- Understand the functions provided by the current systems. Understand and accommodate the requirement constraints imposed by current systems.
- Perform detailed analysis resulting in clear, concise and unambiguous system requirements. Requirements analysis will undergo multiple iterations and refinements.
- Document detailed use cases that cover all alternate and exception flows.
- Provide UI mock-ups. Lead design discussions and identify design options.
- Provide user documentation for system. Create curriculum and provide classes for user training.
- Must be available for on call support nights and weekends.
- Interact with others in the business and IT organization.
- Work with providers of software and hardware products as well as consulting vendor service providers.
- Prioritize assignments in a high visibility mission critical system.
- Troubleshoot issues quickly and appropriately by identifying immediate remediation, determining root cause, and coordinating long term solution.
- Three to Five (3-5) years of business analysis experience.
- Demonstrated track record of defining systems that lead to increased efficiency and productivity through the use of technology.
- Strong business acumen.
- Very strong relationship building capabilities
- Excellent analytical and communication (both verbal and written) skills.
- Innovative thinking and vision
- Solid understanding of technology
- Documented experience with methodology and process related to Business Analysis.
- Thorough understanding of broadcast operations.
- Knowledgeable with broadcast applications including IBMS PilatMedia, ScheduALL and Xytech
- Working knowledge of related systems including Omnibus, Telestream, Harris Velocity.
- Knowledge of xml and bxf standards.
- Understanding of Oracle database.
- Undergraduate degree or equivalent experience.
CBS Corporation - 14 months ago
The forensic evidence shows this company is tops in the TV ratings. CBS Broadcasting owns and operates the CBS Television Network, the #1...