The Business Analyst works with required stakeholders to define and document products’ functional and non-functional business requirements. Support product development efforts in creating new products and services based on web applications, mobile applications, content management systems, and business intelligence systems. Maintain supporting artifacts and communicates to various stakeholders for review and sign-off. Work with software developers and testers to review and validate that the requirements are being delivered with the end solution.
Primary Role and Responsibilities
- Elicit and document product features, business requirements, and functional / non-functional requirements for various products.
- Facilitate requirements gathering sessions
- Work with stakeholders to define applicable use cases, user stories and acceptance criteria
- Create context diagrams, use case diagrams, user interface mockups and other diagrams and models in support of requirements
- Work with developers and testers as needed to clarify and define requirements
- Hold review sessions with cross-functional team members (both internal and external) to review and sign-off on requirements
- Work with Product Managers to maintain product backlog
- Work with Product Engineering team to map business requirements to system/software requirements and ensure that traceability is maintained
- Work closely with Product Development, Product Engineering and IT teams to ensure the end solution meets the requirements
- Create product release notes highlighting new features and enhancements
Education & Training Requirements
- Experience with Product and Software Development utilizing Web, Mobile, and Business Intelligence solutions.
- Have experience in requirements elicitation through interview sessions, customer meetings, reviewing existing documentation, etc.
- Ability to interface with both software development and QA staff to clarify requirements
- Ability to produce BA artifacts such as use cases, user stories, mockups, and various supporting models and diagrams
- Able to coordinate reviews with internal business users and stakeholders through clear demonstration of committed work while capturing additional requirements while minimizing scope creep
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite: Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio
- Familiar with SharePoint
- Ability to develop coherent, informative and usable requirements artifacts
Skills and Other Qualifications
- A Bachelor's Degree in Information Technology, Computer Science, or Business or relevant work experience in business analysis, systems analysis and/or testing background.
- A minimum of 5 years working as a business analyst is required. At least 1 year of experience working with Agile/Scrum software development projects is preferred.
- Experience with Microsoft Team Foundation Server utilizing Agile/Scrum process templates
- Creation of user interface wireframes and mockups using Balsamiq tool
- Familiar with UML diagrams
- Excellent communication skills (both verbal and written)
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Strong multitasking skills
- Strong initiative and self-direction
- Strong customer focus
- Team-oriented attitude
- Detail-oriented mindset
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Experience working with global teams
- Experience with projects supporting web and mobile applications
This position requires the successful completion of a background investigation and/or drug screen.
Ciber is a global IT consulting company with 7,000 consultants in North America, Europe and Asia/Pacific, and approximately $1 billion in annual revenue. Client focused and results driven, Ciber partners with organizations to develop technology strategies and solutions that deliver tangible business value. Founded in 1974, the company trades on the New York Stock Exchange (NYSE: CBR). For more information, visit
Just as we have built our business on the success of our clients, our continued company growth and achievements are built on the success of our team members. At Ciber we believe our employees are our most valuable asset. Upon contact, a Ciber Recruiter will discuss our benefits package in more detail as it pertains to your individual needs. Some highlights of our full benefits package include: paid time off, paid holidays, retirement savings plan, employee stock purchase plan, medical, dental, vision, life & disability insurance, and tuition reimbursement. Ciber, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
CIBER - 30+ days ago
No, CIBER's consultants aren't cyborgs. CIBER (Consultants in Business, Engineering, and Research) is an IT consultancy that...