The Business Analyst provides key support in CPP’s accelerated effort towards realizing data as an asset for the organization, applying expertise in data cleansing, collection and interpretation to maximize the value of all global customer and transactional data.
I. Analysis and Reporting 50%
II. Customer Data Quality 30%
- Provide global support to internal customers with decision-relevant information, data mining and analysis so that CPP and subsidiaries can take full advantage of all customer and transactional information available.
- Collaborate with the Director of Business Analytics and cross-functional stakeholders to translate business problems into information and data problems.
- Respond to ad hoc reporting requests from internal customers, providing them with the data points they need to address their business problems.
- Supply business owners with information and analyses – including ROI analyses – flexing between and combining data points from Lawson, SFDC and other data sources. Work towards automating reoccurring reports when indicated and whenever possible.
- Provide marketing and sales with list pulls for direct marketing, cross sell, up sell and business retention initiatives.
- Develop SFDC reports and dashboards based on user requests and business needs.
- Participate in the development of key performance indicators (KPI) and help managing/maintaining KPI reports and dashboards in support of CPP’s strategic initiatives and goals.
- Supply reporting, insights and pre-work for CPP’s Strategic Planning activities.
- Provide data mining and analytical support for revenue, sales and unit forecasting, as well as product pricing decisions.
- Attend meetings and participate in projects as Business Analytics Department representative.
III. Support Director, Business Analytics with other projects as assigned 20%
- Work continuously and proactively towards improving the quality and accuracy of CPP’s global customer, prospect, and transactional data points in Lawson, SFDC, Eloqua and all other systems incorporating customer and prospect information.
- Collaborate with CPP’s data steward on the auditing of relevant global customer data and selected other data points according to established guidelines and work towards correcting or appending data when needed.
- Establish processes and set up tools that identify duplicate records within Lawson and SFDC, as well as between the two systems utilizing various data mining tools.
- Train and collaborate with Data Steward.
- Proactively monitor for problem areas and front resolving the issues.
- Spearhead the development of data entry SOPs, train and audit users for SOP compliance.
- Automate data auditing, data cleansing, de-duping, merging processes and related reporting much as possible, often by utilizing functionality within SFDC or via AppExchange solutions.
- Manage CPP’s OneSource implementation and ensure Business Analytics adequately employs the tool to improve and enrich our customer data.
- Scan the marketplace for other tools that will help improving our data quality and reporting capabilities.
- Act as global support for customer data related questions.
Analytical Thinking - Breaks down problems and issues into sub-components and then assesses the costs, benefits and risks of various options prior to selecting a particular approach. This contrasts with the behavior of individuals who tend to attack problems without a thorough examination of all important components and ramifications; who fail to weigh the costs, benefits and risks associated with various alternatives; and/or who are unable to explain or justify their decisions in a logical and systematic fashion.
Customer Focus - Personally demonstrates that external (or internal) customers are a high priority. Identifies customer needs and expectations and responds to them in a timely and effective manner. Anticipates and prevents delays or other things that can adversely affect the customer. Keeps customers informed about the status of pending actions and inquires about customer satisfaction with products or services. This is in sharp contrast to behavior patterns that tend to disappoint customers, leave them feeling forgotten and unimportant or that otherwise result in unmet needs or expectations.
Innovative Thinking - Looks out for new and innovative approaches that will improve efficiency. Embraces and champions new ideas and encourages others to do likewise. Recognizes and rewards people and teams who are creative and innovative. This is in sharp contrast to those who tend to embrace the status quo, struggle with new approaches and discourage others when they are creative and innovative in the pursuit of increased efficiency or effectiveness.
Technical Skills - Possesses the technical skills and knowledge required to perform essential tasks in an efficient and effective manner. Demonstrates the willingness and ability to train or coach others in the technical arena. This is quite different than those individuals who lack technical skills or knowledge and/or have failed to demonstrate a willingness and ability to train others to perform well in technical assignments.
BA/BS degree in Business, Marketing, Finance, Economics, or related field, or comparable experience
- Strong analytical skills, paired with great attention to detail
- Two to three years of experience in business analyst capacity, supporting a cross-section of internal customers, including sales or marketing.
- Ability to develop and maintain strong working relationships with business owners in marketing, sales and operations.
- Strong knowledge of MS Excel and working knowledge of MS Access or other data-mining tools.
- Understanding of relational databases and some experience working with large sets of data.
- Must be able to translate complex data sets into actionable information.
- Some familiarity with web analytics and SEM a plus.
- Ability to prioritize multiple projects, to work independently and as part of a team.
- Technologically adept.