Named Oregon's Best Software Company 2012 by TechAmerica, Viewpoint Construction Software has a long-standing focus on meeting the information needs of construction companies. Having achieved a leadership position in construction-specific ERP and ECM software, Coaxis is experiencing continuous rapid growth both domestically and internationally. With this growth, we continue to expand our Development Department with a Business Analyst role. This new position will give you the opportunity to be a part of a team that makes a difference on a day-to-day basis. This role will give you a broad set of responsibilities and give you an in depth understanding of our business and the industry. You will have the opportunity to help build out the proper structure to help us grow organically, through acquisition and internationally. This is a unique opportunity to be part of a thriving growing software company in the heart of Portland with great benefits. Our recent growth is built on the foundation of a long history with a fun and collaborative environment.
The Business Analyst role involves managing the documentation and implementation of inter-relationships between processes, people & systems, and identifying the hierarchy of the processes (business processes, functional processes, sub-processes, and process components). They will oversee identified business processes and business rule definitions in support of project goals and objectives in decisions regarding product deliverables and business processes. The BA works to deliver a repeatable approach, cohesive framework, and adhere to industry standard techniques to resolve differences between key stakeholders, Product Management, Customers, and Development. Key areas of focus will be performing requirements elicitation and developing artifacts that can be used by project participants for understanding project requirements and specifications.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Gather business requirements and translate them into technical requirements for the creation of application features, enhancements, and functions utilizing interviews, data analysis, business process descriptions, use cases, scenarios, business analysis, and workflow analysis.
2. Become a subject matter expert on our data, processes, and business methodologies, acting in part as a product owner.
3. Be a liaison between product development, technology, and internal business units.
4. Decompose high-level business requirements into an appropriate level of business rules.
5. Meet with users to gather requirements for project definition. Analyze existing procedures and evaluate requested requirements to identify system changes.
6. Development and management of agile user stories and acceptance criteria.
7. Assist in the creation of deliverables including product definition, logical design (business process and rules, data elements and flows, screens mockups and reports), implementation plan, documentation, and training needs.
8. Work to identify, communicate, and mitigate project risks by working with key stakeholders.
- Willingness and ability to quickly develop and maintain understanding of software products and technologies.
- Ability to accurately estimate your own task durations and meet schedules.
- Strong initiative, customer-service orientation, and commitment to insuring timely, quality solutions to customer issues.
- Well-organized, self-directed team player. Remains open to others’ ideas, and exhibits willingness to try new things.
- Prioritizes and plans work activities, uses time efficiently and develops realistic action plans.
- Demonstrates accuracy, thoroughness, and monitors own work to ensure quality, presents information effectively, and is able to read and interpret written information.
- Ability to lead change initiatives across organizational boundaries.
- Adapts to changes in the work environment, manages competing demands, and is able to deal with frequent change, delays, or unexpected events.
- Demonstrates professionalism, active listening, strong verbal and written skills, positive work ethic, and good judgment.
- Consistently at work and on time, follows instructions, responds to management direction, and solicits feedback to improve performance.
- Business requirement elicitation by being able to create stories for each process and communicating it to a wider audience in either a written or an oral context.
- Gaining consensus between stakeholders and development
- Organizes and effectively displays information so that it is meaningful to the receiving party
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related technical field plus a minimum of four-year relevant experience as a business analyst or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Requires excellent communication skills and good facilitation skills, strong knowledge of the business domain
- Strong technical skills with a variety of business software tools.
- Knowledge of accounting principles and practices (e.g. accounts payable, accounts receivable, inventory, purchase orders, general ledger).
- Knowledge of the modeling tools (EA, Visual Studio, Visio, PowerPoint)
- Knowledge of modeling business process tasks with in the business layer
- Knowledge if User Experience design
- Knowledge of web based applications and platforms
Coaxis - 2 years ago