Emdeon's Pharmacy Service division seeks an experienced Business Analyst. In this position you will but your prior experience to us in assisting with the design of our software products and in incorporating new functionality into our existing products to improve work-flow, production, efficiency and effectiveness. In this position you will proactively communicate and collaborate with both external and internal customers to analyze information needs and functional requirements.
In this role you will utilize your knowledge of computer technology to elicit requirements using various information gathering methods to critically evaluate information gathered from multiple sources to identify and reconcile conflicts and to distinguish user requests from the underlying true needs. Your prior experience in decomposing high-level information into details for the understanding of a broader, non-technical audience will be beneficial. Qualified candidates will have proven success using enterprise-wide requirements definition and management systems and methodologies.
- Writing and reviewing business, technical, and user non-functional/system level requirements
- Work independently with users to define concepts and under direction of project managers
- Drive and challenge business units on their assumptions of how they will successfully execute their plans
- Serves as the conduit between the customer community (internal and external customers) and the software development team through which requirements flow.
- Develop requirements specifications according to standard templates, using natural language.
- Collaborate with developers and subject matter experts to establish the technical vision and analyze tradeoffs between usability and performance needs.
- Acts as the liaison between the business units, technology teams and support teams
- Manages multiple projects working with a variety of cross-functional resources (multi-tasking and prioritizing skills)
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and the ability to interact professionally with a diverse group, executives, managers, and subject matter experts.
- Bachelors degree in Computer Science, MIS or related Information Technology field
- Minimum of four years demonstrated experience in an IT Business Analyst role
- Computer Proficiency (Microsoft Office Suite), SQL Server Management Studio 2008
- Solid understanding in application programming, database and system design
- Understanding of product management; with an understanding of how to interpret customer business needs and translate them into application and operational requirements.
- Strong analytical, mathematical, and problem solving skills
- Excellent listening, interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills.
CareerBuilder - 14 months ago
Emdeon is a leading provider of revenue and payment cycle management and clinical information exchange solutions, connecting payers,...