The Business Analyst position plays a crucial role in creating and maintaining the strategic partnership between business and technology in an Agile development environment.
Job Requirements :
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Responsible for developing business requirements and related business rules based on customer’s (internal and external) needs.
- Work closely with key business partners and subject matter experts in the definition, testing, training, implementation, and support of functional requirements.
- Identify requirements via industry standard analysis techniques such as data flow modeling, workflow analysis, and functional decomposition analysis. Solicit requirements through interviews, workshops, and/or existing systems documentation or procedures. Critically evaluate information gathered from multiple sources, reconcile conflicts and distinguish user requests from the underlying true needs.
- In general, the role will include the creation/revision of the following analysis artifacts and deliverables:
o Process Maps
o Business Requirements
o Business Rules
o User Stories
o User Flows
o GUI Designs
o Acceptance Tests
o Training and Help Documentation
- Participate in daily stand-up meetings to facilitate the understanding, clarification, and implementation of requirements in an Agile development environment.
A. KNOWLEDGE/SKILL/ABILITY : An individual must be able to perform each essential job duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required:
· Strong verbal and written communication skills. Must be able to communicate effectively and confidently with a diverse group including users, team members, executives, managers and subject matter experts.
· Must be flexible and willing to undertake a wide variety of challenging tasks.
· Must be able to successfully engage in multiple initiatives simultaneously.
· Strong facilitation skills. Must be able to elicit requirements from various personalities across organizational and geographical boundaries.
· Process driven analysis skills and a background in various requirements elicitation methods.
· Proficiency with Agile SDLC processes, particularly Scrum
· Proficiency with Microsoft Team Foundation Server (TFS) a plus.
B. EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
· BA/BS Degree, in a technology related field or other degree preferred.
· 2-4 years experience in building and specifying mission critical business applications. Preference for experience with a complex web application environment.
About The Company
Epiq Systems, Inc. (NASDAQ: EPIQ) provides an advanced offering of integrated technology-based products and services for litigation, fiduciary management and claims administration applications. Our clients include corporations, attorneys, trustees and administrative professionals who require sophisticated case administration and document management capabilities, extensive subject matter expertise and a high service capacity when working on complex legal proceedings.
Epiq Systems employs 600 professionals worldwide in 11 locations. Since going public in 1997, we have focused successfully on a long-term strategy of profitable growth and strategic acquisitions. We have an exceptionally strong balance sheet. Forbes Magazine has placed us on its 200 Best Small Companies list and its Midas List of top 25 Technology Companies . We are also on Business 2.0 magazine's list of the 100 Fastest Growing Tech Companies , and on Fortune magazine's Small Business list of top 100 Fastest Growing Small Public Companies . Our eDiscovery Solutions practice is ranked in the Top 5 Electronic Discovery Service Providers for Corporations by the Socha-Gelbmann survey.
Epiq Systems, Inc. and its affiliated companies are Equal Opportunity Employers (EOE). Qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to age, race, color, creed, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, disability, marital or veteran status or any other category protected under applicable federal, state or local law. If you need assistance or an accommodation during the application process because of a disability, it is available upon request. Epiq Systems is pleased to provide such assistance, and no applicant will be penalized as a result of such a request. To request information in an alternative format or to obtain any details related to our Federal Family Leave Act (FMLA), background and/or our pre-employment/post-offer drug testing program or policies, please contact 503.350.7808
Epiq Systems, Inc. - 19 months ago