The primary role of the Business Analyst is to interface with internal business unit representatives, external prospects and clients and vendors to identify and document requirements for custom requirements related to Sales Orders and Change Order Requests and new products, services and functions. The Business Analyst will work with Project Managers to ensure requirements and test plans are delivered according to plan to meet release dates. Business analysts may also manage work requests to completion. The Business Analyst will participate in user acceptance testing and product verification as needed.
- Gather requirements by conducting meetings, interviews, surveys, site visits and analyses of business documents, processes and workfows.
- Evaluate information gathered from multiple sources and reconcile conflicts.
- Analyze requests to distinguish the underlying true needs. Interpret these into application and operational requirements.
- Challenge business units on their assumptions of how they will execute the new processes or support the new products.
- Translate high level requirements into documents for IT analysts and developers.
- Work independently to manage projects and/or under direction of project managers.
- Proactively communicate and collaborate findings with all stakeholders.
- Serve as the liaison between those who submit work requests (internal and external customers) and the software development team through which requirements flow.
- Participate in documenting use case scenarios and user acceptance testing.
- Bachelors degree
- Experience leading cross-functional teams to accomplish expected deliverables on time
- Ability to interface with technology professionals and manage projects with a technology component
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills; Ability to present to internal and external audiences; Ability to deliver difficult and sensitive information with tact.
- Ability to engage successfully in multiple initiatives simultaneously
- Expertise in Microsoft Office and other standard business tools
- Knowledge of application development, databases and system design
- Experience with credit, debit, or prepaid card or financial services is a plus
- Attention to detail and accuracy
FSV Payment Systems - 16 months ago