About Farm Family
Farm Family is a group of insurance companies headquartered in Glenmont, New York, just 2 miles south of Albany, and is part of the American National family of companies.
The Farm Family group has over $500 million annual revenue and over $2 billion in assets.
Farm Family offers a competitive salary and benefits package, including 401(k) and flexible Paid Time Off program, and a positive work environment.
Farm Family is looking for a Business Analyst to join our Research & Development Team!
Position Description: this position contributes to our success by detailing project requirements within identified templates required. Primary responsibilities include:
· Facilitate discussions to analyze technical, operational and economic feasibility of alternatives and proposed solution, to assist in determining manpower requirements and contributing to high level schedule.
· Analyze specifications for impact on existing processes to further refine scope
· Lead discussions with Project Team, as well as input from subject matter experts, decompose high-level customer deliverables into user requirements.
· Work closely with Development Team to elaborate requirements and create change controls for clarification or enhancement.
· Organize requirements meetings, monitoring progress to ensure all target dates are met and all Team Members know the status, revising milestones as necessary
· Drive the general progress of requirements, taking ownership to ensure issues is resolved, knowing when to make decisions and when to escalate
· College degree or equivalent experience
· At least 4 years of business or IT experience
· Proficiency in business analysis tools and techniques
· Pursuit of insurance education credits (INS courses or CPCU coursework)
· Strong communication skills
· Ability to work independently
In support of a safe, drug free environment, criminal background checks and drug & alcohol testing are part of our hiring process. EOE