The Business Analyst will be responsible for interfacing with the business unit to review requirements, lead JAD sessions, schedule meetings, prepare test plans, and create System requirement documents for use by system analyst to produce detail design documents for specific projects. For applications supported by DHS Office of Information Technology (OIT), the Business Analyst current focus (IES) / workload included but not limited to:
1 Creating and maintaining the strategic partnership between Business needs and Technology delivery in OIT
2. Developing business requirements and related business rules based on needs of various Divisions and supported Agencies
3. Working closely with the business users and Applications Leads in the definition, testing, training, implementation, and support of these applications as it relates to OIT
4. Identifying requirements via industry standard analysis techniques such as data flow modeling, workflow analysis, and functional decomposition analysis.
5. Soliciting requirements through interviews, workshops, and/or existing systems documentation or procedures.
6. Participate in daily stand-up meetings with both OIT and Business Partners to facilitate the understanding, clarification, and implementation of requirements
7. Meets with project team(s) regularly to review project deliverables and deadlines.
8. Provides single point of contact for assigned project
Must have a Bachelors’ degree in Computer Science, Business Administration or related technical field
Must have good knowledge of Microsoft Project/Sharepoint Workspace planning tool
Must have excellent customer service skills with strong decision making capabilities
Must have excellent verbal and written communication skills
Must be able to think on their feet and have strong problem solving skills
Self-starter and willing to work on their own
Must be self-driven, and have great attitude, and must be a team player
Besides academic qualifications, it is essential to have some work experience in business, communications, public relations, information technology or software engineering