Under the direction of the Director of Auxiliary Services and Budget Office, this position will manage the day-to-day financial operations of the functional areas within Auxiliary Services and the Budget Office. Daily interaction with all levels of College administration, including faculty and staff. Frequently collaborates with staff from other offices.
- Assists with the administration of contracts with external vendors inclusive of the bookstore, food service, vending and other revenue generating activities for Auxiliary Services and acts as the primary contact for commercial vendors wishing to sell, distribute or promote products, merchandise or services to students and employees or conduct business on campus.
- Approves all college petty cash transactions from a budgetary perspective.
- Creates and keys budget journals.
- Assists with the planning, monitoring and management of financial operations and ensuring compliance and alignment with mission, values, goals, objectives and local, state, and federal laws and regulations.
- Assists with tracking of the Auxiliary Services functional areas, approves expenditures.
- Reviews budget reports, assists with the management of financial operations and implements and allocates resources following budget approval.
- Reviews monthly budget reports in conjunction with revenue fluctuations, tracks revenue, research potential revenue generation opportunities.
- Facilitates processing of departmental recharge activity for business units.
- Updates web page and communications.
- Serves as a back-up for Business Office operations during high volume times.
- Serves as a liaison within the College, consumers, outside agencies, contractors and vendors to respond to inquiries and provide information on available resources and services.
- Performs other duties, as assigned.
- Two (2+) years of experience in Accounting, Budgeting, or Auxiliary Services preferably in a college or non-profit setting is desired.
- Relevant Bachelor’s degree is preferred but not required.
- Previous experience with PeopleSoft Financials, Banner, IStrategy and Blackboard software is strongly desired.
- Position will at times require non-standard work hours (nights and weekends). Job requires extended work hours during peak work periods as determined by the director.
- Pressure to meet both internal and external deadlines is significant.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
Georgia Highlands College - 8 months ago