Provide analysis and research for business sponsored projects. Provide business and technical analysis for medium to large size system changes. Coordinate the implementation of business initiatives and translate business needs into detailed solution requirements that can be used by Business, Information Technology, Quality Assurance, and Training partners to validate and communicate the project deliverables.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS :
1. Capable of identifying key stakeholders who can contribute to requirements documentation. Skilled at collecting the appropriate amount of information for medium to large size projects utilizing knowledge of various elicitation techniques and defining solutions that meet the business needs.
2. Prioritize, organize and document solution requirements in an understandable format.
3. Functional knowledge of identifying relationships among requirements. Ability to identifying assumptions and constraints related to stakeholder needs.
4. Knowledgeable of various solution requirements development technique and formats. Capable of determining the appropriate approach and develops solution requirements in the form of use cases, process diagrams, user interface wireframes as necessary.
5. Capable of assessing proposed solutions and identifying implementation needs while having the ability to identify advantages and disadvantages for the business needs.
6. Coordinate with stakeholders and project team for requirements review and validation to ensure the solutions meet the business needs.
7. Skilled at understanding the business goals, assessing change and obtaining the necessary approvals on solution requirements and scope.
8. Manage change control and maintain solution requirements. Functional knowledge of requirements traceability to manage requirements through change and risk.
9. Develop schedule of proposed changes and monitor through implementation to ensure timely and quality implementations.
10. Validate that all related project delivery tasks have been completed prior to the production release date.
11. Serve as a liaison to the Business, Information Technology and Quality Assurance partners.
12. Develop and communicate new and revised system changes and procedures to the impacted departments. Ensure that knowledge transfer is accomplished prior to the production release date.
13. Ability to identify areas of improvement for the business or project delivery by understanding business structure, strategy, organizational culture and impact on work efforts. Ability to coordinate idea generation and new concepts.
14. Follow established PMO best practices and methodology.
15. Assist in analysis and problem resolution for production defects.
16. Capable of identifying areas to improve operational, process and project delivery capabilities.
Four-year professional degree and/or comparable education preferred and minimum of three years experience in business analysis or related discipline preferred. Experience with requirements development tools and project management software is preferred. Excellent oral and written communication, organizational, work management and analytical skills. Must possess ability to complete multiple tasks within set deadlines. Insurance industry experience preferred. Software experience required (Microsoft Word, Excel, Visio, PowerPoint, Adobe). Other Software experience preferred (SQL, .asp, and .net).
Grange Mutual Casualty Company - 8 months ago