This position is primarily responsible for eliciting, documenting, and gaining approval for Software Product requirements for the company. The Business Analyst acts as a liaison between business people who have a business problem and technologists who know how to create automated solutions. The Business Analyst gathers and understands business needs by determining, documenting and prioritizing requirements from the business and presenting these requirements in a manner that is agreeable, measurable and flexible enough to meet project and stakeholder needs. In addition, this position serves as the single point-of-contact for the communication of business requirements and technology solutions.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manage the organization and documentation of business requirements to ensure the project team develops and implements solutions that meet customer needs and minimize defects prior to implementation.
- Assist in the development of functional, conceptual and logical design specifications.
- Schedule, coordinate and facilitate requirements gathering sessions with the business to identify and drive complete requirements.
- Document BMPNs, requirements, and task flow diagrams with focus on business process improvements.
- Assist with the creation and validation of test plans and pre-UAT testing documenting.
- Oversee change request processes including facilitating weekly meetings with business and technology teams to assist in timely and quality project completion.
- Assist in the development and update of project plans, schedules and estimates.
- Work with project management to establish and communicate project roadmap and milestones.
- Documents and updates documentation for all internal system application and integration projects including user documentation and developer documentation.
- Serve as a liaison between the business stakeholders and the IT development, application and reporting teams with full life-cycle responsibility ensuring successful implementation of solutions that meet our business needs.
- Provide timely responses to all user requests to include ad hoc queries about the business
- Collaborate with peers and other teams with a goal to minimize the duplication of effort in implementing solutions/enhancements on-time and within budget.
- 5 years experience as a Business Analyst in a Software Product Development environment.
- Experience is required in all phases of SDLC and working within development teams including project planning, requirements analysis, estimating, application, architecture, programming and testing.
- Familiarity with SDLC deliverables, preferably in an Agile Framework.
- Experience working as a Business Analyst on a Scrum Team with on-short and off-shore component.
- Hands on experience in MS Vision, MS Office, and SQL.
- Must have the ability to work in a fast-paced IT environment on medium to large-scale projects
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- Customer service attitude and focus
- Possess high energy, with ability to multi-task, prioritize tasks and quickly adjust in a rapidly changing environment
- Reflects mature analytic problem solving skills
- Work well with teams or in team environments with the proven ability to partner with business and IT teams
- Strong organization and documentation skills
- Capable of implementing creative solutions
- Ability to work with and influence peers, project teams and management.
- Experience with development tools and technologies including MS Office, MS Project, MS Visio, MS SQL Server, DB2, Oracle, Sybase, Java, Access, SQL and Reporting Services
- Requires a Bachelor degree, preferably in Computer Science or Business.
- MBA preferred.
HealthPort - 6 months ago
HealthPort offers safe harbor in a choppy sea of medical information. The company develops software used to manage hospitals and medical...