Business Analyst , Crete, Illinois
Reports to: Director of Information Technology Department/Location: IT/Crete
Revision Date: 9/17/12 Division: Admin
The Business Systems Analyst’s role is to plan, design, develop, and support efficient business, financial, and operations systems in support of core organizational functions and business processes. This includes gathering and analyzing data in support of business cases, proposed projects, and systems requirements. The Business Systems Analyst is also responsible communicating his/her findings, complete with probable causes and possible solutions to systems issues. This individual will apply proven communication, analytical, and problem-solving skills to help maximize the benefit of IT system investments.
- Meet with decision makers and end users to define business, financial, and operations requirements and systems goals, and identify and resolve systems issues.
- Review and analyze the effectiveness and efficiency of existing systems and develop strategies for improving or further leveraging these systems
- Collaborate in the planning, design, development, and deployment of new applications, and enhancements to existing applications
- Coordinate and perform in-depth tests, including end-user reviews, for all systems and processes, and other post-implementation support.
- Provide orientation and training to end users for all systems and processes
- Standing, walking, bending, and sitting for extended periods are required to perform Business Analyst functions.
- Vision must be sufficient for inputting data into a computer. Keyboarding skills that reduce the risk of carpal tunnel and other office related injuries.
- Strong computer skills with a minimum of 5 years of Business Analyst experience using IFS Applications.
- Excellent analytical, mathematical, and creative problem-solving skills.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Excellent listening and interpersonal skills.
- Logical and efficient, with a keen attention to detail.
- Ability to communicate ideas in both technical and user-friendly language.
- Highly self motivated and directed.
- Strong customer service orientation.
- Ability to create queries and reports based upon analysis performed
- Strong working knowledge of Oracle database, SQL, and Crystal Reports a plus
- Pass a mandatory pre-employment drug screen, and a current valid drivers license.
- Positive attitude & strong work ethic.
- Good interpersonal skills in dealing with users, employee’s, management, and vendors.
- Ability to travel as necessary including ground and air travel.
Wage Type: Exempt