We are currently recruiting for a Business Analyst to support our client in Falls Church, VA.
The Business Analyst works with the clients and business partners to understand their business needs, vision, and strategy, and is also the primary documenter and reviewer of requirements during the gathering phase, to maintain quality, consistency, and thoroughness.
This position involves analysis, design, and consulting support. Candidate must be able to bridge gap between user-functionality and system developers; and perform a variety of activities related to the systems development life cycle, including requirements management. Examples of deliverables may include user stories, requirements documents, business process models, logical data models, standards and guidance, and project plans.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Analyze Business processes.
- Translates the business needs into functional and non-functional requirements for implementation by the software development team and for acceptance testing.
- Defines the foundation for product development after thorough analysis by capturing detailed descriptions of user needs and functional processes required to develop or modify a software product.
- Work with business owners and/or user representatives to collect, track, manage, oversee functional and non-functional requirements, and prioritize these requirements.
- Document enterprise-wide business/data/application/technology architectures, requirements, and business rules.
- Minimum 6 years of relevant experience.
- Minimum 2 years of specialized experience.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to influence others.
- Excellent communications skills – both verbal and written.
- Demonstrated ability to work well in a team environment, collaborate with various people and organizations in an effort to develop win/win results.
- Author Functional Requirements Documents and Technical Requirements Documents, and other SELC documentation.
- Knowledge of requirements management principles and best practices.
- Excellent command of MS Office Suite as well as MS Project.
- Proven Analytical Capabilities:
- Desired candidate must have excellent analytical competencies
- Demonstrated experience in conducting working sessions for requirements gathering
- Demonstrated experience in developing technical options and recommendation
- Experience in federal government contracting industry.
- Specialized experience using requirements modeling methodology, such as UML, is helpful.
- Specialized experience in data modeling is a plus.
- Experience working in a scrum agile development environment
- Experience with agile management tools.
- Manage client relationships and expectations during the requirements gathering phase.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent years of experience
Government Eligibility Requirements:
- Candidate selected must be able to obtain and maintain government eligibility requirements and must meet U.S. Citizenship eligibility requirements.
We offer excellent compensation packages including salary commensurate with experience and benefits to meet your needs. This and all positions at InfoPro require the candidate to prove eligibility to work in the United States within 3 days of being employed.
InfoPro is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V.
(VY/GSA17 - Programmer III)
Infopro Incorporated - 12 months ago