Kuder, Inc. (www.kuder.com) seeks an experienced Business Analyst to join our Development and Business Solutions Division. The division is responsible for product development, product enhancement, software and program management, and research for the company.
The Business Analyst works closely with customers and the development team in defining project requirements, scope, system functions, processes, challenges and opportunities to successfully implement the appropriate customized software solution. The Business Analyst acts as the liaison between the customer and the development team in order to elicit, analyze, and document the appropriate requirements of the project scope.
Some of the essential functions include, but are not limited to:
- Responsible for defining the project scope, goals and deliverables to support the project in collaboration with customers, developers, designers, and management.
- Oversee the activities of all phases of projects, runs project team meetings, resolves constraints and issues, coordinates activities with suppliers (software, contractors, etc.) and user departments including assigning project tasks
- Elicit, analyze, model, and document detailed requirements by using a variety of techniques, understanding business processes, and technology for small/medium projects.
- Maintain control over the project schedule, budget and risk issues, facilitate timely decisions to maintain project schedule and budget, provide management with regular project updates, maintain trusting relationships, identify project risks early and assist by providing prudent and timely recommendations for risk avoidance.
- Manage, facilitate and validate requirements and change decisions with customers and the project team by documenting, communicating, and presenting detailed requirements and deliverables appropriate to the specific project.
- Identify and resolve issues, track project milestones and deliverables, manage the project budget, develop best practices and delegate tasks to the appropriate personnel.
- Plan, execute, and track testing functions for solutions. Duties may range from generating and executing tests including: test case writing, test planning and test preparation set-up and test execution, as assigned to facilitating the testing process. Identify, document, and manage defects and defect resolutions by facilitating resolution with customers and project team members.
- Perform production support of assigned applications by researching, resourcing and resolving issues and coordinating the implementation of maintenance requests.
- Other duties as assigned
Knowledge & Experience
- Bachelor’s degree required; MIS, CS, or other technical disciplines preferred.
- Strong business analysis skills required.
- 2-4 years’ experience in managing information technology projects; direct experience with medium complexity web development projects required.
- Strong analytical, problem solving and quantitative abilities required.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office required.
- Experience working with the .NET platform (2.0+), HTML and web development tools strongly preferred.
- Business process analysis ability and experience highly desired.
- Experience with Agile development methodologies, Jira,,Basecamp, UXPin, Google Analytics, and Microsoft SSRS desired.
- Ability to establish, monitor, and achieve project goals with minimal supervision
- Ability to work effectively in team environment, whether co-located or distributed
- Confident self-starter who requires minimal supervision, comfortable with ambiguity and very adaptable
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills for both internal and external audiences.
- Ability to adapt quickly to new and changing environments and processes
- Passion for learning, and embracing new technologies
Kuder - 30+ days ago