As part of the Product Management organization, the Business Analyst assists the Content & Reference leader in multiple facets of the organization.
The Analyst engages with C-levels and Business stakeholders supporting positioning, helps support the B2B content services and channel partnerships and helps support the overall release of data processes. The Analyst is a Subject Matter and Domain Expert in Healthcare Payer and Public Sector market with some technical skills and strong analytic ability. The Analyst works with MedAssets prospects & customers (both internal and external), building instant credibility based on his/her experience, knowledge of Healthcare industry, current trends and best practices while assisting with the consumption and distribution of content and referential data. The Analyst also maintains constant relationships with existing customers to be their trusted domain advisor and nurtures additional Sales opportunities relieving some pressure from the segment leader.
Job details include (but are not limited to):
- Manage and update the Product News Pages, File Management and Group management of KS SF Client Communities
- Assist with the consumption, distribution and planning activities of content and referential data for RCT products including 10+ internal Core content products.
- Manage various process analysis activities, testing, integration and systems configuration related to content and reference services.
- Manage ICD-10 transitions for B2B partner relationships and deliverables. This includes facilitating meetings/project plans, defining web service offerings and other content deliverables.
- Analyzing decomposition of business processes
- Develop and provide training to internal users to help transfer product and business knowledge to enhance KLAS scores and increase sales momentums.
- Provide the project management leadership for the design and development of complex projects with a global scope (i.e. quarterly content releases, OPPS data, etc)
- Ensure that all implementation team members have the appropriate domain knowledge to effectively resolve ambiguities that arise during the development
- Build customer specific Business Value justification documents using discovery and establishing clear ROI for MedAssets Knowledge solutions
- Evangelize Knowledge solutions and Points Of View to customers, prospects and industry
- Build the foundation for the project effort by capturing the business context - problem, current state, desired future state, objectives, business needs and impacted user groups
- Understand multiple project management methodologies/software development approaches and defines the appropriate deliverables through project phases (i.e. planning, analysis, specification and validation)
- Ensure that quality business analysis standards are met through the use of development of best practices, methodologies and deliverables
- Translates content use cases into User Stories for Core development and provides the industry knowledge needed to guide the leadership
- Support testing strategy
- Support pre-sales as the Healthcare Subject Matter Expert supporting the Sales team in Sales pursuits
- Understand MedAssets clients’ business well enough to determine if MedAssets products can be utilized to address new business problems, thereby increasing revenue to MedAssets and enhancing customer ROI
- Walkthrough product presentations demonstrations with customers – from a business perspective.
- To understand the key challenges that our clients face today, recognize how to map them to industry and MedAssets solutions and help develop new content recommendations to address the need.
- Provide expertise to Product Line Owners and Marketing for product features, positioning and packaging.
- Collaborate with Product Line Owners to create business and use cases to incorporate new ideas, features & solutions
- Translates content business problems identified by our internal consumers and help document the integrated solutions with the overall content ecosystem
- Help collaborate with content partners to define NEW, value and proficient healthcare solutions that support business processes related to key solution areas: Healthcare Payers, Small and Large ambulatory groups, Healthcare Insurance Exchanges, and EHR providers.
- Bachelor’s degree is required. Preferably in a technical field and/or health information/coding.
- Strong understanding of the Healthcare Industry, with topics like – ICD10, Revenue Assurance, Health Information marketplace (payers, state and federal government), Enrollment management, Encounter reporting (MAOs and Medicaids), healthcare risk models and financial impact, Accountable Care Organizations, Population & Member Management, Collaboration between Payer, Providers and ACOs.
- You are driven to work with large customers, engage as a Subject Matter Expert, form relationships with user community both internal and external
- Strong analytic ability
- Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal skills with attention to detail
- Strong presentation skills both in large group settings and small, intimate group settings
- Computer skills competency include Microsoft Office (including SQL)
- High level written and oral communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to solve problems and root cause analysis
- Significant track record of proven leadership abilities and self-starter
- Ability to work efficiently across multi-disciplinary teams with high level of uncertainty
- Organized, self-motivated, hard-working problem-solver who is able to identify and define appropriate objectives and work independently toward achieving those objectives
- Strong understanding of enterprise software systems and their applicability in the Health Industry
MedAssets is at the center of improving the quality and effectiveness of the healthcare industry. From establishing best practice value for...