In this highly-detailed role, you'll serve as the conduit between our user community and the software development team through which software requirements flow. You'll drive and challenge business units on their assumptions regarding successful execution of their plans, engaging in multiple initiatives. You must be able to work from our office in Wilton.
Major Responsibilities (including, but not limited to):
- Elicit specs using interviews, document analysis, requirements, site visits, business process descriptions, use cases, and scenarios as well as business, task, and workflow analysis
- Critically evaluate information gathered from multiple sources, reconcile conflicts, decompose high-level information into details, abstract up from low-level information to a general understanding and distinguish user requests from the underlying true needs
- Proactively communicate and collaborate with internal & external customers to analyze information needs & functional requirements and deliver the following artifacts as needed: (Functional requirements [Business Requirements Document], Use Cases, GUI, Screen and Interface designs)
- Develop requirements specifications according to standard templates, using natural language
- Collaborate with developers and subject matter experts to establish the technical vision and analyze tradeoffs between usability and performance needs
- Provide suggestions to the development team during the development stage of products to meet the client's business needs
- Prepare accurate and detailed requirement specifications, documents, user interface guides, and functional specification documents
- Coordinate with the groups in business unit who test, validate, & evaluate new applications and functions, and determine issues in services and software
- Manage any daily change requests related to the working project plans in order to meet deadlines
Generous compensation, medical, 401K, flexible spending plans, significant employee discounts.
- Strong analytical & product management skills required, including a thorough understanding of how to interpret customer business needs and translate them into application and operational requirements
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and the ability to interact professionally with a diverse group, executives, managers, and subject matter experts
- Solid mathematical aptitude and effective project management skills
- Ability to analyze and document complex business processes
- Aptitude for making effective decisions under pressure
- Analytical, problem solver
- Ability to gather and interpret relevant data and information
- This position requires working full-time from our office in Wilton, CT. Please do not apply if you work offshore, remote-only or out of state. Only respond if you are located within commuting distance.
Join a friendly and hard-working environment.
For immediate consideration, please email your resume to Recruiting@MelissaAndDoug.com .
NOTE: Candidates who are not US citizens or permanent residents need to have authorization to work in the US in order to apply.
From puzzles to puppets, plush to play food, magnetic activities, music and more, Melissa & Doug is one of the leading designers and...