The Business Analyst (BA) role is a bridge between client business needs and software solutions provided by MicroEdge. The challenge and objective of this role is to successfully enable end-users to perform their business tasks easily and effectively. As such, the BA is expected to be fluent in standard business analysis tools such as use cases, workflow and entity relationship (ER) diagrams. The BA role also calls for effective business communication skills and methodologies for creating presentations, functional specifications and related documents that facilitate creation of user-friendly applications. The BA should be aware of current trends in User Interface (UI) practices and methodologies and have an understanding of software ergonomics. The BA should possess the skills necessary to operate in a rapid software development environment.
Key Areas of Responsibility:
o Quality Assurance: Validation of functionality and creation of test plans
- Analysis and synthesis of market requirements, product requirements and technology resulting in specification of approaches to address market needs
- Expanding approaches into detailed functional specifications with heavy focus on improving user experience via innovative user interfaces
- Incorporation of feedback from different external stake holders such as clients and user experts, and internal stake holders such as Product Managers, developers and Quality Assurance teams
- Maintain dynamic (“live”) documentation during the development process
- Knowledge expertise in assigned areas using current technology to maintain and organize domain knowledge
- Assume ownershipof assigned areas/products from approach to finished product, ensuring quality and timely delivery to internal teams
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge of current technology and developments in the software sector
- Collaborating effectively across MicroEdge teams:
o Documentation: Create and maintain complete, accurate and clear documentation
o Training: Provide internal training to Professional Services and Technical Support teams. Assist in development of training programs
o Management: Report progress to Senior Management as required
Education and Experience:
- Excellent written communication and presentation skills
- Demonstrated problem solving and critical/strategic thinking
- Expert knowledge of the philanthropy domain with the technical acumen to provide innovative approaches to business problems
MicroEdge offers an excellent compensation and employee benefit package including medical, dental, vision, flexible spending accounts, 401(K), generous paid time off, travel assistance and more!
- Business Analysis – 5+ years in a business analyst/systems analyst role
- Proven experience designing User Interfaces for business applications and creating functional specifications
Click the apply button to complete our short application process--it should take you less than 5 minutes!
Must be authorized to work in the United States. No H-1B sponsorship available for this position.
Apply To This Job
MicroEdge keeps grantmakers' money from burning holes in their pockets. The company provides software and Web-based technologies for...